Northumberland Bowmanton/Turk/Hickerson Riding Area Permits Reqd? | GTAMotorcycle.com

Northumberland Bowmanton/Turk/Hickerson Riding Area Permits Reqd?

GreyGhost

Site Supporter
I was wandering last weekend and ended up in a pile of trails where bowmanton, turk and hickerson intersect (44.084898, -78.133069). There were signs posted at the end of turk for ndatv loop 1, but that appeared to run up turk road. Does anyone know what the situation is here? I can't find a simple map showing which trails require a permit (obviously in the northumberland forest does, but no info on this section). Are the singletrack trails rogue trails on private land or does an organization control them? Thanks in advance.

EDIT:
On a related note, the hydro corridor is posted no motorized vehicles, but it is quite obvious that it is heavily travelled by recreational users. Is going through the corridor playing with fire as far as tickets go, or is the posting just to limit hydro's liability?

Last edited:
We got kicked out of the singletrack in Northumberland a few years back. I'm sure there are many who still ride it though.

Anywhere that's posted no motorized vehicles can get you a trespassing ticket. Opp does enforce those areas but not regularly. Sometimes they ticket, sometimes they just tell you to leave. So ride at own risk.

We got kicked out of the singletrack in Northumberland a few years back. I'm sure there are many who still ride it though.

Anywhere that's posted no motorized vehicles can get you a trespassing ticket. Opp does enforce those areas but not regularly. Sometimes they ticket, sometimes they just tell you to leave. So ride at own risk.

Thanks. I saw no signs near the single track stuff I was in (just the aforementioned signs in the hydro corridor). I know the singletrack stuff in Northumberland forest proper is motorbike only (except for the west part that is no motorized vehicles).

Northumberland forest just opened for the season yesterday so between that and the long weekend I expect mucho enforcement this weekend.

Trail maps are usually available at the parking lots....as of yesterday they still have not brought them out

The ndatv trail is no permit (just regular plate, ins, applies.). Northumberland requires permits yes, maps should be available online. Some of the singletrack is non-motorized in various sections (one trail off the Beagle Club rd parking lot for example).
Yes riding the signed Hydro area will get you a ticket by the police when they patrol it (which they do).
It's a fun area to have available for riding when you want a change from the Ganny.

It's a fun area to have available for riding when you want a change from the Ganny
.....yes and not busy...most dsys u have the place too your self

Back
Top Bottom