Help removing handlebar adapter | GTAMotorcycle.com

Help removing handlebar adapter

dragenn

SO l got some new rizoma bar end mirrors. :p:p:p Now im having trouble remove the previous bar end adapter installed. I feel like l can hammer it that piece the wedges the adapter into place the handlebar then try to slide out the rest; but im not sure. Any chance helping me out. I really want to get my bike out tomorrow

Post a photo so we can see what you are needing to remove.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SO l got some new rizoma bar end mirrors. :p:p:p Now im having trouble remove the previous bar end adapter installed. I feel like l can hammer it that piece the wedges the adapter into place the handlebar then try to slide out the rest; but im not sure. Any chance helping me out. I really want to get my bike out tomorrow

Bar end weights might have lock tite on the threads to ensure they don’t come loose. Ensure you have the right bit and hit it with an impact gun and they will come right out

If it’s held in with adhesive you’re gonna have to break the adhesion somehow

get a drill bit and drill out the middle area, then a flat or something to pry the edges to the centre causing less friction to the surface of the handle bar = easier to pull out

edit: flat screwdriver to wedge the bar end mirror mount.

motorcycle help.jpg

I'll post some pictures tonight. Thanks guys. I didn't think i'll get so much help from the get go. I notice the grip has slide off quite a bit. Maybe it also time to look into some new grips. I just need any excuse to buy some :)

Also just some clarification. I dont think its stuck. I'm just not sure how to remove it properly. I'm afraid if l just go in with a hammer l might do some permanent damage.

Last edited:
If it’s not held in with adhesive maybe some pb blaster will get in there and lubricate it to slide it out easily. Wd40 perhaps. But I have a feeling there will be some adhesive

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

it's probably friction fit, .002 or so larger than ID of the bars
and pressed in, likely with some adhesive

try driving a small screwdriver, and I mean small, in between the adaptor and the bar
try to shrink it down to the point you can grab it with vise grips

The solution is simple: remove the handlebar adapter.

Last edited:
That what l needed to hear. I still want the current adapter so l can sell the parts as a whole Motorcycle parts are expensive and every little bit helps

Back
Top Bottom