mississauga, parrysound and burk's fall route | GTAMotorcycle.com

mississauga, parrysound and burk's fall route

justride

the parrysound & burk's fall is on my bucket list for this spring/ summer. need some suggestion from riders who been there/done that.
i was thinking hit parrysound first, take hwy 124 to burks fall, come back to parrysound by hwy 518 and from parrysound take hwy 141 to hwy 11 (back home to mississauga). any ideas would be much appreciated.

i don't mind riding for most of the day and have a sports bike and bit of an early bird.

Also, any heads up on road conditions, gas stations and places to eat breakfast/lunch up that aways would be a great help. thanks

Last edited:
I've done that many times and live in Mississauga. Check out the sticky in this forum for lot's of ideas - I've copied the section about the Parry Sound / Huntsville area directly below. If you do the route below, it will be much better than what you have suggested.
I have not been up there this year so I can't comment on road conditions. I usually eat breakfast at home, bring snacks and find a nice scenic spot to eat my bagged lunch. You can easily get gas in Parry Sound or Huntsville. I think someone once posted up that there is an excellent bakery in Orville along the 518, but I have never been.
---------------------------------------------------

Parry Sound/Huntsville Area Roads: ride a bit further north or east than the roads/route mentioned above and check out some of these other roads mentioned below:
Hwy518 is a very nice technical road - the best parts are between Orville and Sprucedale. From one side to the other, this runs east/west from Parry Sound and even crosses over to the east side of Hwy11 for some more good times. There are sections with fast sweepers, other parts with twisty technical stuff and some dirty curves with frost heaves.
Chetwynd Rd is a great run that links up with the Hwy518 on the east side of Hwy11
Tally-Ho / Swords Rd is a short ride between Hwy518 at Orville and Hwy141.
Ravenscliffe Rd is a great road intersecting Hwy518 at Sprucedale and runs all the way to/from Huntsville. There is a nice scenic pull off/ boat launch at Buck Lake.
McDougall/Hurdville Rd combo is a nice and hilly twisty stretch just northeast of Hwy518
The Bunny Trail north of McDougall is a piece of paved flat out fun.
Hwy520 is a nicely paved road from Hwy11 to Magnetewan with fast sweepers.
The Old Nippissing Trail is an amazing twisty, hilly run that changes between paved, chip-seal, hard packed gravel and hard packed sand. Apparently it runs north/south from around Commanda, through Magnetewan, and meets up with Hwy518 near Seguin Falls. The most passable section by streetbike is south of Magnetewan, with some awesome sections of non paved stuff in there too. It was an old pioneer horse/carriage rd and is considered a heritage rd or something like that. It's very technical and of my favourites.
Intersecting Old Nipissing Trail is Orange Valley Rd leading to Broadbent Rd which are nice hard packed gravel roads with some nice twists.
Further north and starting east from South River, is a great loop including a road called Chemical Rd / Deadhorse Trail. If you don't mind a little hard packed dirt, then it leads to the Deadhorse Trail, which is a fun ride to the western edge of Algonquin and then works its way back to Sundridge or you can work your way further south to Chetwynd Rd. In some spots it's like a 2 track ATV trail at times, so you can touch the leaves of the trees as you ride past them. It can get a bit slippery when wet, but when it's dry, it's lots of fun!
Parry Sound / Huntsville Area Route: Here's a route of the paved roads above between Parry Sound and Huntsville which can be done from the GTA in around 10 hours.

Strange - it shows as a 300km 5hr route for me.

Try this: https://goo.gl/maps/TYvn1T7zSSk
Maybe because I'm doing it on mobile?
a05535c93789135abc534d100f19dfe3.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Another option instead of following the 141 to hwy 11, would be to take hwy 632 from Rosseau to Hwy 118 near Port Carling. At hwy 118 you can either go through Port Carling to Bracebridge to Hwy 11 or take a left and go through Glen Orchard to Bala to Gravenhurst to Hwy 11.

The bakery in Orrville is worth the drive.

Rosseau has a nice park on the water and their bakery is pretty good as well. Crossroads Restaurant is supposed to be good but have yet to visit.

I've done that many times and live in Mississauga. Check out the sticky in this forum for lot's of ideas - I've copied the section about the Parry Sound / Huntsville area directly below. If you do the route below, it will be much better than what you have suggested.
I have not been up there this year so I can't comment on road conditions. I usually eat breakfast at home, bring snacks and find a nice scenic spot to eat my bagged lunch. You can easily get gas in Parry Sound or Huntsville. I think someone once posted up that there is an excellent bakery in Orville along the 518, but I have never been.
---------------------------------------------------

Parry Sound/Huntsville Area Roads: ride a bit further north or east than the roads/route mentioned above and check out some of these other roads mentioned below:
Hwy518 is a very nice technical road - the best parts are between Orville and Sprucedale. From one side to the other, this runs east/west from Parry Sound and even crosses over to the east side of Hwy11 for some more good times. There are sections with fast sweepers, other parts with twisty technical stuff and some dirty curves with frost heaves.
Chetwynd Rd is a great run that links up with the Hwy518 on the east side of Hwy11
Tally-Ho / Swords Rd is a short ride between Hwy518 at Orville and Hwy141.
Ravenscliffe Rd is a great road intersecting Hwy518 at Sprucedale and runs all the way to/from Huntsville. There is a nice scenic pull off/ boat launch at Buck Lake.
McDougall/Hurdville Rd combo is a nice and hilly twisty stretch just northeast of Hwy518
The Bunny Trail north of McDougall is a piece of paved flat out fun.
Hwy520 is a nicely paved road from Hwy11 to Magnetewan with fast sweepers.
The Old Nippissing Trail is an amazing twisty, hilly run that changes between paved, chip-seal, hard packed gravel and hard packed sand. Apparently it runs north/south from around Commanda, through Magnetewan, and meets up with Hwy518 near Seguin Falls. The most passable section by streetbike is south of Magnetewan, with some awesome sections of non paved stuff in there too. It was an old pioneer horse/carriage rd and is considered a heritage rd or something like that. It's very technical and of my favourites.
Intersecting Old Nipissing Trail is Orange Valley Rd leading to Broadbent Rd which are nice hard packed gravel roads with some nice twists.
Further north and starting east from South River, is a great loop including a road called Chemical Rd / Deadhorse Trail. If you don't mind a little hard packed dirt, then it leads to the Deadhorse Trail, which is a fun ride to the western edge of Algonquin and then works its way back to Sundridge or you can work your way further south to Chetwynd Rd. In some spots it's like a 2 track ATV trail at times, so you can touch the leaves of the trees as you ride past them. It can get a bit slippery when wet, but when it's dry, it's lots of fun!
Parry Sound / Huntsville Area Route: Here's a route of the paved roads above between Parry Sound and Huntsville which can be done from the GTA in around 10 hours.

That route is about 4 hours ? And how long is the ride up there from toronto?

I am trying to figure out how long of a day it would be to do that route

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rosseau has a nice park on the water and their bakery is pretty good as well. Crossroads Restaurant is supposed to be good but have yet to visit.
I visit Crossroads a few times each year. It's a good lunch stop. Food is nice and so is the view.

Screaming heads is awesome!
DSCN9807-L.jpg

That route is about 4 hours ? And how long is the ride up there from toronto?

I am trying to figure out how long of a day it would be to do that route

Depends on what route you take. All highway there and back and it's around 2 hours each way between Huntsville/Toronto. If you add in some nice back roads, it could become an all day ride.

Depends on what route you take. All highway there and back and it's around 2 hours each way between Huntsville/Toronto. If you add in some nice back roads, it could become an all day ride.

Ok the 2 hours there 2 hours back plus another 5 hours up there on the roads. Plus 1 hour of breaks. It’s a 9 hour total ride and 10 hour total trip. Would you agree ?

I visit Crossroads a few times each year. It's a good lunch stop. Food is nice and so is the view.

Screaming heads is awesome!
DSCN9807-L.jpg

Little known fact...Peter Camani (creator of screaming heads) was Paul's highschool art teacher.This is a must see!

thank you guys for the suggestions and thank you shanekingsley for putting the routes together. hopefully i will be able to get up there sooner than later.

Strange - it shows as a 300km 5hr route for me.

Try this: https://goo.gl/maps/TYvn1T7zSSk

This is SO helpful! My inlaws moved to Huntsville 2 years ago and live right off of Ravenscliffe and look over Lake Vernon. It will take me 5 minutes to get the the starting point of this route...thank you so much!!!
I am just a bit nervous taking my SS there as they live at the top of a 1.5km gravel road which is very steep for the last 100meters that leads to their driveway at the peak of the hill.

Back
Top Bottom