Where do you fit in the Ontario Voter landscape? | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Where do you fit in the Ontario Voter landscape?

Apparently I'm a white supremacist. CBC said so
I think this means me too?....
4c47fd006917ec5edbb724189341c101.jpg

Its interesting how close the Liberals are to NDP and Green. By charter they are typically at the bullseye of both axis.

Its interesting how close the Liberals are to NDP and Green. By charter they are typically at the bullseye of both axis.

yes, and I question the methodology that puts them there
NDP and PC position I generally agree with

Green can't be plotted on that graph
neither axis pays any attention to their priorities

yes, and I question the methodology that puts them there
NDP and PC position I generally agree with

Green can't be plotted on that graph
neither axis pays any attention to their priorities
What puts them there is their platform and behavior. Traditionally Liberals are at the center (Laurier, King, Pearson, Chretien, Peterson) however Liberals more than any party shape-shift to match the ideology of their leader. Under both Trudeaus, McGinty and Wynne, Liberals shifted left and overlapped the NDP. Under Ignaiteff they briefly dabbled in PC space.

With respect to Green, a positioning graph doesn't position Green's priorities, it positions Green against the competition on a standard set of priorities.

I'm one line left one line up from center on that chart, not really surprising. I think, on paper, the Liberal party is probably the one that best describes my ideals but in reality I can't vote for them. Can't vote PC either. Sooooo....

NDP, Green or spoil my ballot.

I think this means me too?....
4c47fd006917ec5edbb724189341c101.jpg
Haha, I exactly like you, except I am to the right & slightly up. I mistakenly answered a question wrong & can't correct.

Seems like Trudeau is trying to get info on the general consensus. See if he can go more left without repercussions.
The demographic info they ask for is so specific it could identify every person individually even without their name or address. It's pretty probing stuff. But that info wouldn't belong to the government. It probably doesn't even belong to the CBC. They couldn't have put together a poll like tis on their own.

Looks like the thing was put together by Vox Pop Labs, which is a for-profit polling and data science firm. They may have paid CBC to host the poll but who knows.

The demographic info they ask for is so specific it could identify every person individually even without their name or address. It's pretty probing stuff. But that info wouldn't belong to the government. It probably doesn't even belong to the CBC. They couldn't have put together a poll like tis on their own.

Looks like the thing was put together by Vox Pop Labs, which is a for-profit polling and data science firm. They may have paid CBC to host the poll but who knows.
Yes, some of the questions made me feel uneasy. Luckily I didn't put all my personal info correctly.

That's the problem....typically I'm a Liberal supporter, but the current state of the party (trying to out NDP the NDP) and Wynne are a near complete turn off. More to the point, I was actually thinking of voting Conservative this round just to try and restore balance, but then they had to go and select Ford...

Honestly I think the best thing that can happen here is a minority government for any one of the three main parties. Then we get to do this all again in a few years, hopefully with better (or actual) platforms and leaders, vs pretty much emulating what just happened in the US (deceitful politician vs a narcissistic moron).

Last edited:
That's the problem....typically I'm a Liberal supporter, but the current state of the party (trying to out NDP the NDP) and Wynne are a near complete turn off. More to the point, I was actually thinking of voting Conservative this round just to try and restore balance, but then they had to go and select Ford...

Honestly I think the best thing that can happen here is a minority government for any one of the three main parties. Then we get to do this all again in a few years, hopefully with better (or actual) platforms and leaders, vs pretty much emulating what just happened in the US (deceitful politician vs a narcissistic moron).
You probably have more reading to do.

Is that who’s taking over from Cambridge Analytica?

Is that who’s taking over from Cambridge Analytica?

Possibly. Hopefully one day anyone who looks at surveys like these will ask themselves the question of the source's credibility before participating. I never did but I will now thanks to C.A.

Looking up Vox Pop Labs I learned about this 'B Corp' certification for ethical business practices. It could all be a load of hogwash but a few things lend it credibility to me: First, that the CBC would carry such a sensitive survey to begin with, then some aspects of the survey itself like the ability to skip all demographic questions, and the back button, and absence of deception, all suggest to me that it collect data for legit uses, not exploitative. Of course who knows, but they got my trust.

I'm on exactly the same page. Just a couple days ago it occurred to me that any minority government would really sort things out nicely. We'll have to see.

I'm on exactly the same page. Just a couple days ago it occurred to me that any minority government would really sort things out nicely. We'll have to see.
I don't think a minority would work. The midway point between the parties is so far away that all you would get is standoffs, fighting, and finger pointing. Nothing would get done for months until someone called an election, then we start over.

I don't think a minority would work. The midway point between the parties is so far away that all you would get is standoffs, fighting, and finger pointing. Nothing would get done for months until someone called an election, then we start over.
There'd be some of that, some progress, but the next vote would likely be with all new leaders.

There'd be some of that, some progress, but the next vote would likely be with all new leaders.
I would expect if things go according to this election's expectations, Wynne will follow protocol and step down. The other two will not be expected to leave, so a new election should only have a new face on the Liberal party.

I would expect if things go according to this election's expectations, Wynne will follow protocol and step down. The other two will not be expected to leave, so a new election should only have a new face on the Liberal party.

I wouldn't be surprised if she tried to stay on. The magnificent **** that she is ... I'm sure she won't disappoint

Guaranteed Wynne leaves if she doesn't form government. Pretty much the same for Horvath. Ford is less certain but one thing he can be trusted on is to turn everything into a shambles. His support will crater one way ir anothe, just a question of whether the party will do anything about it. Only Schreiner would likely stay.

Sluts still end up pretty sore there today and it's not even a communist place anymore lol...

In any case, Che notoriously hated homosexuals too. Can't say I know much about Mao but I'd wager he's not a fan of that sort of thing either.

Communist just means government centralization and complete control over the market; has nothing to do with social progressiveness (at least in most places in the world I should say...).

Actually feminism is a big part of Marxism. Just do a quick search on Marxist feminism.
Also ideas cross. Che, a communist was no fan of homosexuality but neither are most conservatives. Many capitalist Americans and even libertarians are also aggressively against homosexuality.
go to Utah and talk to Mormons who are intensely capitalistic and some even libertarian and against big (or any) government or really just talk to any evangelical Christians who are also like Che, against homosexuality.

Point is, you can be on extreme opposite sides in your economic preferences and yet share some social values or vice versa.

Back
Top Bottom