Selling my 2017 R6 for a 2017 Z900 | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Selling my 2017 R6 for a 2017 Z900

油井緋色;2565742 said:
Because Suzuki my heart got attached to the brand. I put the GSXR through so much **** and it never once showed signs of dying lol
You dropped it over a pinecone, didn't ya??!

Poor bike

You dropped it over a pinecone, didn't ya??!

Poor bike

.......actually that pinecone did the most damage to the bike. Warped my front rotors lol

I went from a 07 GSXR600 to an 18 Z900 and I'm pretty happy. Bought the Z for pretty much the same reasons as you have mentioned. I've only got a little over 200km on mine so far, and my only complaint so far is the suspension is pretty basic. I knew that going in and plan to upgrade it at some point. The only other thing I would mention is if you are looking new, I would spend the extra to get an 18 over a 17 model. There is a recall on the 2017 to fix the rear shock mount, and the issue was corrected on the 18s from the factory.

Last edited:
I went from a 07 GSXR600 to an 18 Z900 and I'm pretty happy. Bought the Z for pretty much the same reasons as you have mentioned. I've only got a little over 200km on mine so far, and my only complaint so far is the suspension is pretty basic. I knew that going in and plan to upgrade it at some point. The only other thing I would mention is if you are looking new, I would spend the extra to get an 18 over a 17 model. There is a recall on the 2017 to fix the rear shock mount, and the issue was corrected on the 18s from the factory.

aw man, huge fan of that green frame though.. not available for the 2018s :(

Seems like a good move to me. The Z900 is a nice looking ride, has good power and performance. Looks to make a lot of sense for a street bike.

aw man, huge fan of that green frame though.. not available for the 2018s :(

Dude if you like the colour, buy the bike. Just make sure the dealership has fixed the recall before you pick it up. If there are 18's in the dealership you should be able to deal on a new non-current '17. That green frame/grey paint is sick looking!

Think I'm asking too much? I doubt a dealership will do a trade with me for the z900 :(

Dealerships will usually give you half of what its worth.

a 2017 r6 going for 13.9 MSRP

Back
Top Bottom