Click Bait | GTAMotorcycle.com

Click Bait

nobbie48

Site Supporter
Youtube posters get paid if they run up enough hits but what constitutes views?

I get a bit peeved with "Sensational new tool you need" is four minutes of drivel only to discover it's a POS home made pry bar. Four and a half minutes I won't get back but it P's me off if the twit gets a credit.

Social media has become too annoying for me to use anymore.

Just go outside and play.

Youtube posters get paid if they run up enough hits but what constitutes views?

I get a bit peeved with "Sensational new tool you need" is four minutes of drivel only to discover it's a POS home made pry bar. Four and a half minutes I won't get back but it P's me off if the twit gets a credit.
Just thumbs down.

The creator only gets paid if you watch an ad, either before, after, or a midroll, or the video includes paid promotion. Creators get paid a certain CPM (cost per thousand views of the ad) generally ranging between $2-9.

I made like $150 off of my Youtube videos before Google pulled my monetization permissions.

And hitting the thumbs down button is viewed the same as hitting the thumbs up by Youtube. Community interaction = community interaction = appears more in recommended videos

The creator only gets paid if you watch an ad, either before, after, or a midroll, or the video includes paid promotion. Creators get paid a certain CPM (cost per thousand views of the ad) generally ranging between $2-9.

I made like $150 off of my Youtube videos before Google pulled my monetization permissions.

And hitting the thumbs down button is viewed the same as hitting the thumbs up by Youtube. Community interaction = community interaction = appears more in recommended videos
If someone uses Adblock, then creator doesn't get paid?

It's mostly inane drivel from people you would most likely usually ignore on a daily basis. Twitter is the biggest waste of time...I do use it...but only to complain at companies when they **** up...like "hey...where's my internet" (sent from a phone). Otherwise it's like some massive narcissistic echo chamber that makes people feel important. Facebook is mostly people pretending to be happier/better/more talented than everyone else and packed full of stupid advertising. I don't get the point of Instagram and Snapchat seems like a load of bollocks. Social media may be used to sway opinion but to be honest...it does so with the more gullible in society.

Oh...biggest gripe currently is the designation "YouTube Star"....to me that means...complete ****ing failure at everything else.

If someone uses Adblock, then creator doesn't get paid?

Correct.

Oh...biggest gripe currently is the designation "YouTube Star"....to me that means...complete ****ing failure at everything else.

Ehh it takes some wicked talent for most of these people to end up where they are, especially those who become successful now. Plus most of these people make more money than you or I will ever make, so I try not to criticize to much.

@48Connor why did they pull your monetization?

Sent from my purple G4 using Tapatalk

They did it to everyone. Look up the YouTube shooter.

"As of today, your channel will no longer have access to monetization tools associated with YPP because it doesn’t meet the new threshold of 4,000 hours of watch time within the past 12 months and 1,000 subscribers. If you meet the new threshold at some point in the future, you'll be automatically re-evaluated for YPP. The reviews typically take 1-2 weeks." Email from Youtube a few months back

I was somewhat lucky in that I was invited to add monetization to my channel back in 2011 when making money on Youtube was rare without being in a MCN. Being lazy I basically did nothing and just made money off the long tail of videos published prior. If I could do it all again I should have put more effort into it, now that I see money in it.

Correct.

Ehh it takes some wicked talent for most of these people to end up where they are, especially those who become successful now. Plus most of these people make more money than you or I will ever make, so I try not to criticize to much.

I'd disagree with “most” and change that to “very few”. I'd also say that the bar for what passes as true talent is lowered somewhat on a medium like YouTube. On that medium everyone is a star in their own minds regardless of whatever talent they believe they have and someone somewhere will watch them. I’m just tired with the terms “YouTube star” or “YouTube celebrity” precisely because it means so little. I’ve no doubt that many make tons of money but PT Barnum had a great saying about that subject.

How is Movie star or TV star or sports star any different than a youtube star or whatever they are called? I think it is all bulshit but at least youtubers create their own content for the most part so they in my opinion are more talented than some buffoon on the movie screen that gets to read lines someone else writes.

This is just an opinion on the topic, I got a life and can do things... fun things

I'd disagree with “most” and change that to “very few”. I'd also say that the bar for what passes as true talent is lowered somewhat on a medium like YouTube. On that medium everyone is a star in their own minds regardless of whatever talent they believe they have and someone somewhere will watch them. I’m just tired with the terms “YouTube star” or “YouTube celebrity” precisely because it means so little. I’ve no doubt that many make tons of money but PT Barnum had a great saying about that subject.

Last edited:
How is Movie star or TV star or sports star any different than a youtube star or whatever they are called? I think it is all bulshit but at least youtubers create their own content for the most part so they in my opinion are more talented than some buffoon on the movie screen that gets to read lines someone else writes.

When was the last time you had a film clip posted on TV? It’s access....anyone and their aunt can post a clip to YouTube, not everyone gets a gazillion views but then again what’s now the cut off for views for being a “YouTube star” since the term is bandied about so easily? I honestly don’t care for movie stars either but I care for a couple of idiots doing tasteless pranks or millenal focussed self obsessed bollocks even less.

Yes..it’s all ******** but YouTube appears to be a bigger repository.

I think there is many layers of talent in all of this. On screen VS off screen.

At lot of success on Youtube is being in the right place at the right time. Pick a niche category of videos and it's easy to become #1. Look at channels like AvE or The Hydraulic Press channel; both put out some of the poorest edited sh*t out on the internet, but are both successful because it's a niche community and the content is somewhat "interesting". Contrast that to someone like Casey Neistat; there are more people vlogging on Youtube than you could watch in a lifetime, but he comes out with some amazing editing and he becomes massively successful, despite him not being all that "interesting". The guys who run AvE and the Hydraulic Press channel both are arguably talentless people, while Casey is.

Hell, even back in my day of Youtube, being able to play the algorithm to force videos onto the homepage of Youtube was a talent of its own.

As far as the Youtube star/celebrity, you've got to call them something. These are people with dedicated audiences of millions. I wouldn't call them celebrities but they aren't nobodies.

I think there is many layers of talent in all of this. On screen VS off screen.

At lot of success on Youtube is being in the right place at the right time. Pick a niche category of videos and it's easy to become #1. Look at channels like AvE or The Hydraulic Press channel; both put out some of the poorest edited sh*t out on the internet, but are both successful because it's a niche community and the content is somewhat "interesting". Contrast that to someone like Casey Neistat; there are more people vlogging on Youtube than you could watch in a lifetime, but he comes out with some amazing editing and he becomes massively successful, despite him not being all that "interesting". The guys who run AvE and the Hydraulic Press channel both are arguably talentless people, while Casey is.

Hell, even back in my day of Youtube, being able to play the algorithm to force videos onto the homepage of Youtube was a talent of its own.

As far as the Youtube star/celebrity, you've got to call them something. These are people with dedicated audiences of millions. I wouldn't call them celebrities but they aren't nobodies.

I don’t watch vloggers or even read blogs these days, they just aren’t really that good/have nothing to say worth listening to and most of the entertainers are just copying some other persons routine. YouTube is a repository of DIY videos for me, an animated version of the books I have and for that it’s excellent. I wouldn’t recognize any of the personalities on YouTube except for the occasional knob that makes the mainstream media for some dumb stunt. There’s plusses and minuses to all emergent tech. The negatives for YouTube is that there’s a new generation of people who believe they can be stars but have zero talent..it wouldn’t be so bad except that it sometimes has fatal consequences and becomes all consuming for others. In some circumstances it enhances knowledge while in others it dumbs down society. Capturing a moment in time to gain notoriety has become an issue with accidents (bystanders filming not helping) etc.

I see its value somewhat, it’s like uncurated free TV for people with short attention spans.

Back
Top Bottom