Cops aim to ERASE street racers from Ontario roadways | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Cops aim to ERASE street racers from Ontario roadways

In the defense of the officers themselves, they aren't all bad.

...and the system is poorly setup where they need to make their numbers (in tickets) when they really should be (and in some cases they'd rather be) doing something else.

The whole system is just wrong in so many ways. I hate how I can call in a 911 call for a guy beating up his gf in the car behind me, and they are too busy to send someone now (They'll broadcast it and hope someone responds) but a block or two away a traffic guy is doing radar.
Just, pull the guy off his traffic duties and go stop the real crime!
(^^ That has happened to me personally and I've had to deal with it professionally as well.)

Being a Police dispatcher was insanely frustrating. :banghead: and I'm sure many of the guys and gals in uniform feel the same.

Lots of politics get in the way.

Seems to me that distracted driving poses a far bigger threat to Ontarians than the odd street race or loud pipes. Where's the targeted program to go after that?

Now now, we can't upset the great unwashed tax payers eh. After all the mindless masses are the ones who pay for the roads---and politicians pensions...

In the defense of the officers themselves, they aren't all bad.

...and the system is poorly setup where they need to make their numbers (in tickets) when they really should be (and in some cases they'd rather be) doing something else.

The whole system is just wrong in so many ways. I hate how I can call in a 911 call for a guy beating up his gf in the car behind me, and they are too busy to send someone now (They'll broadcast it and hope someone responds) but a block or two away a traffic guy is doing radar.
Just, pull the guy off his traffic duties and go stop the real crime!
(^^ That has happened to me personally and I've had to deal with it professionally as well.)

Being a Police dispatcher was insanely frustrating. :banghead: and I'm sure many of the guys and gals in uniform feel the same.

Lots of politics get in the way.

Yep, years ago someone broke into my garage and stole my power tools. Obviously a kid because my motorcycle was untouched. I called the cops but it was not high enough priority. The next day, within a few hundred yards of said garage they were collecting revenue via a radar trap.

The last time I saw actual factual street racing was 17 or 18 years ago back when I still had my Foxbody Capri.

We met at a Timmys just off the 427 in Woodbridge, then around midnight or 1am we'd head North up to some quiet industrial development. I honestly don't remember where exactly it was but it was a 4-lane road with a center left turn lane. The cars would stage 2 at a time and some guy (not a chick in a bikini) would wave them off. It was a totally deserted area and it was run fairly clean. This isn't the type of 'racing' that the politicians needed to abolish.
When we did it in Brampton 25ish years ago it was up hwy 10 a bit. Trailered cars. Weighed them at the weigh station. Police scanners. Walkies/ cbs at the start and finish with tow trucks blocking the road.

Sent from my purple G4 using Tapatalk

I would hazard that Commissioner's hasn't been used since I was young, and others' foolish.

It would be interesting if the police would put out a list of the fishing zones used for no left turns etc, a couple of days afterwards.
Maybe people would realize that there's more going on, than just what they see with their own eyes.

When we did it in Brampton 25ish years ago it was up hwy 10 a bit. Trailered cars. Weighed them at the weigh station. Police scanners. Walkies/ cbs at the start and finish with tow trucks blocking the road.

Sent from my purple G4 using Tapatalk

Was there a gas station right where you turn off highway 10 on the northwest corner?

Maybe that’s where it was. I only went a few times and back then I didn’t know the area well.

Back
Top Bottom