Cops aim to ERASE street racers from Ontario roadways | GTAMotorcycle.com

Cops aim to ERASE street racers from Ontario roadways

They'll be coming out with decibel meters to crack down on those loud pipes pretty soon

Seems to me that distracted driving poses a far bigger threat to Ontarians than the odd street race or loud pipes. Where's the targeted program to go after that?

Seems to me that distracted driving poses a far bigger threat to Ontarians than the odd street race or loud pipes. Where's the targeted program to go after that?
Seconded. For every street racer there’s 1000s of distracted and/or aggressive motorists who won’t face real consequences. I’d prefer enforcement and penalties with teeth for the everyday dangerous driving rather than soundbites about 0.01% of drivers who get caught doing 50km over.

Sent from my iPhone using GTAMotorcycle.com mobile app

they actually ran a targeted campaign for that last year.

erase happens every year though,.

I'm in 100% agreement with you on this one.

My family has experienced several collisions with distracted drivers in the last few years. Two vehicles were so badly damaged in the collisions that they got branded irreparable - luckily one was an Escalade and the other a Ford Van so nobody got hurt.

I just about got sideswiped the other night by a kid in an SUV on his phone.

Seconded. For every street racer there’s 1000s of distracted and/or aggressive motorists who won’t face real consequences. I’d prefer enforcement and penalties with teeth for the everyday dangerous driving rather than soundbites about 0.01% of drivers who get caught doing 50km over.

Sent from my iPhone using GTAMotorcycle.com mobile app

Thirded? Add in sloppy drivers. The racers get the attention but more are likely killed by the slobs.

I'm just fine with the program. Taunting the police is short term fun, and these dumb dumbs need to get hung out to dry.

I'm just fine with the program. Taunting the police is short term fun, and these dumb dumbs need to get hung out to dry.

Totally agree - hiding licence plates, and riding/driving stupid are ways to draw attention to everybody. Bring it on !

You know, I seriously can't remember the last time I seen people racing on the street in real life :/ seen it on you tube, seen it on movies but in real life? :dontknow:

Is there some kind of fast n'furious street race mob scene happening a lot in Toronto nowadays?

You know, I seriously can't remember the last time I seen people racing on the street in real life :/ seen it on you tube, seen it on movies but in real life? :dontknow:

Is there some kind of fast n'furious street race mob scene happening a lot in Toronto nowadays?
Me either. I have seen "stunt" riders and drivers though. Guess they are being bundled into the racing category.

Define "racing".
To me, "Street racing" means a group of riders or drivers stunt driving (insaley excessive speeds, weaving in and out, etc) on public roads. But I've only ever seen lone wolves doing it, that too extremely rarely. Suppose that could also be called "racing".

Not sure if road rage counts.

Last edited:
Now define racing from the "HTA". Oh oh!

The last time I saw actual factual street racing was 17 or 18 years ago back when I still had my Foxbody Capri.

We met at a Timmys just off the 427 in Woodbridge, then around midnight or 1am we'd head North up to some quiet industrial development. I honestly don't remember where exactly it was but it was a 4-lane road with a center left turn lane. The cars would stage 2 at a time and some guy (not a chick in a bikini) would wave them off. It was a totally deserted area and it was run fairly clean. This isn't the type of 'racing' that the politicians needed to abolish.

How about they put some real effort towards revamping our graduated licensing program. I am pretty sure the majority of traffic accidents is down to completely incompetent drivers who lack any sort of car control or spacial awareness. It would seem no one is prepared for the real world outside their(Ontario) tightly controlled testing.

The above is based on driving/riding for the past 13 years to work every day from Mississauga to Markham(QEW/427/401/404). I have seen a lot of **** and wasted a lot of time waiting in traffic jams due to accidents so I've had a lot of time to think about this!

Time warp! My sisters boyfriend took me and his brother to a road parallel to the rail yards in Scarborough off McCowan Rd (grew up there).He had a 68 Camaro and all his friends had muscle cars.He was a cop at 52 div.That is where racing happened.

Back
Top Bottom