Does this happen to you - bugs trapped in a vortex | GTAMotorcycle.com

Does this happen to you - bugs trapped in a vortex

sburns

Curious, but let me explain.

I did a long ride yesterday out in country. Yup seems like a bugs are out in full force, bat wing covered, basically full front of the bike is totally plastered...

Anyhow this weird thing was happening with a bug being trapped between my face (half helmet here) and the windshield, just bouncing around swirling around in the air, mostly just in front of my face.

Am I just lucky or does this happen to you?

Turn left, turn right. Problem solved.

He was tagging along with a photo tagger ?.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Seriously though, try carefully putting your left hand above or beside the windshield and re-directing/disrupting the airflow...kinda like when you were a kid and you stuck your arm out the window.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've had a bee blown inside my full face helmet from the chin area and the trapped alive between the visor and my face! Couldn't have pulled over faster and luckily it flew out without stinging me on the face!
the other 2 times i wasnt so lucky and got stung but on the chest and leg!

Also whenever i do a late/middle of the night summer ride to Niagara using the backroads, i come back with hundreds of bugs squashed on my windshield and helmet!

last year had a wasp get inside my boot somehow and sting me while I was riding. Horrible horrible pain. I parked and literally just fell off the bike on the grass. Took my boot off and the wasp flew away. Didn't get to nail that f#$%$#!

Last edited:
My Connie had a Rifle venturi windshield and I got a huge moth doing somersaults between the two layers for a few seconds.

In my first few months of riding I was impressed by how much more you are aware of, sight, sounds, smells. That favourable impression didn't extend to seeing a dark spot suspended hundreds of feet ahead of me, corkscrewing a collision course for my face. It was a June bug and it hit me in the only 3 inch square of my neck that was exposed between the full face helmet and the zipped up and wrapped tight top of my jacket. At my 80 k' plus what ever the little bugger was contributing to closing speed, jeebus that smarted.

Seriously though, try carefully putting your left hand above or beside the windshield and re-directing/disrupting the airflow...kinda like when you were a kid and you stuck your arm out the window.

hmm not sure if you are trying to trick me or sumpton..
But I will try it anyway.

I still do that in the car from time to time.

Sent from the moon!

Back
Top Bottom