Kathleen Wynne - What will be her Legacy? | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Kathleen Wynne - What will be her Legacy?

Her bad council that got her into the power plant scandal , several other pretty controversial decisions will drift off into history. The next wave coming will bring a gong show Queens park and she will be a shadow on the sidelines.

I'm a PC, however a couple years of the buffoon with a suit will make her not look so awful.

I'm a liberal too, but I don't really like her!

Can't we deport her to San Francisco where she can live happily ever after with the rest of the social justice warriors

Can't we deport her to San Francisco where she can live happily ever after with the rest of the social justice warriors
Nah, they're like leeches. They need a new host.

a politician that did whatever she pleased regardless of what the constituents wanted
got away with it for a long time as there was virtually no opposition
eventually was shown the door, long after the best before date
with some passage of time the gaffes faded from memory and the leadership to move on from coal was transformative

maga brahs, just to help you out a bit, legacy is by nature past-tense

At the time I felt and still do feel like eHealth and Orng were more the fault of the CEOs and boards of those entities than of Wynne herself.

For the gas plants, Doug Ford is already showing the same tendency: Wynne responded to the NIMBYs and their votes, just like Ford did when, after declaring he'd build on the Green Belt, he did a complete flip-flop when it proved unpopular. Ford's just lucky with timing; he made his promise before an election and contracts with 3rd party developers (which would have had similar clauses to the gas-plant contracts re pulling out) hadn't been signed before he saw the political winds and backed out. He's shown the proclivity already; what will be his "gas plant" scandal?

Seems like her biggest boondoggles were in the hydro portfolio and debt.

While she inherited a seriously ****ed up hydro structure -- lots of companies, lots of apparently greedy and incompetent CEOs and boards all their own -- she pushed the wind and solar green agenda without doing what chief executives must do: analyzing the business case to ensure it made fiscal sense. It's like she wanted to stand in front of the UN and say "Look what I'm doing for the planet!", damn the cost to us.

Wynne's legacy, though, is going to be The Debt. That's what people will be talking about in 30 years...

Rob already has his gas plant scandal x2 in the Scarborough subway extension. Cost went from $1.5 to $3.5 billion (and counting) for a worse transit system that is many years delayed.

I don't know why people aren't up in arms about that all the time. Is it because it's municipal? Or because Conservatives can't criticize themselves? Or is it just plain ignorance of the situation? Now he wants to add more subway stops to make it sound better, pouring good money after bad. If he gets his way it will set a precedent for overbuilding transit everywhere, amounting to tens of billions of dollars waste, just because he wants the suburban votes.

Rob already has his gas plant scandal x2 in the Scarborough subway extension. Cost went from $1.5 to $3.5 billion (and counting) for a worse transit system that is many years delayed.

I don't know why people aren't up in arms about that all the time. Is it because it's municipal? Or because Conservatives can't criticize themselves? Or is it just plain ignorance of the situation? Now he wants to add more subway stops to make it sound better, pouring good money after bad. If he gets his way it will set a precedent for overbuilding transit everywhere, amounting to tens of billions of dollars waste, just because he wants the suburban votes.

I agree completely with this. I feel like it was a big chunk of why he even got voted in, and I feel like the present outcome was completely predictable... and that the Metrolinx LRT proposal that he sunk would have been a vastly superior use of money.

My kids are done school so I'm out of touch with the curriculum. My brother in law is a teacher, at a family get together last summer he told me they don't teach times tables any more. I called bulls%$t.

He lined up the 16 kids running around at the party, aged 13 to 23. 7 kids born 1996 and earlier could do times tables up to 12,kids born after 96 could not do times tables in their heads - I was flabbergasted.

We're not talking complex math, this is arithmetic!
Wow. That I find surprising (and sad ).

I have always felt that the public system did a good job giving me the skill set and knowledge I needed for both life and academia (I went on to graduate both from Queens University and Humber College). Those whom I befriended during University who came from affluent background and private schools did not seem to have any advantages over me in succeeding (other than less financial stress).

I do not want us to end up like the USA where a good portion of their public school system (along with their infrastructure) is falling apart.

I am glad that we are re investing in our infrastructure. However, we cannot bankrupt ourselves in the process. Same for the carbon tax. I hate flat taxes because has a disproportionate effect on the poor and working poor.

We need a more Conservative approach to the Province's finances; not social Conservatism though.

The results achieved speak for themselves. NO MORE SMOG! **** the price tag. It's worth it.

Really? I had to fly out on Wednesday morning to meet a client. As the plane was taking off all you can see is this thick black haze over Mississauga. Clearly whatever they are doing is not effective

the times tables thing doesn't surprise, not concern me
memorizing by wrote, tables of figures is a waste of time
this became apparent in the 70's when a calculator was the size book

those that are gifted mathematically will pick up on the patterns and spit out multiples
but the average human does not need to waste cranial storage on that

those that are gifted mathematically will pick up on the patterns and spit out multiples
I was at restaurant the other day where two people were trying unsuccessfully to split a $37 bill.
That’s not right. You need some simple basic understanding to even realize when you punched a typo into the calculator.

I think the basic fundamentals of math, arithmetic, deserves a small allocation of brain space. Just like we need a basic vocabulary to communicate, we also need arithmetic to make our way through life.

I think the decline in standardized math testing is sending up some red flags. The fact that Kumon (and similar) stores are popping up faster than spring dandelions ought to be telling us something as well.

I was at restaurant the other day where two people were trying unsuccessfully to split a $37 bill.
That’s not right. You need some simple basic understanding to even realize when you punched a typo into the calculator.

anyone, and more shockingly two in tandem
that cannot divide an odd number in half
lack I'm thinking basic cranial calculation power
as well as minimal education

rote.....and grammar. :p

smart *** :)

I think the basic fundamentals of math, arithmetic, deserves a small allocation of brain space. Just like we need a basic vocabulary to communicate, we also need arithmetic to make our way through life.

I think the decline in standardized math testing is sending up some red flags. The fact that Kumon (and similar) stores are popping up faster than spring dandelions ought to be telling us something as well.

don't know this Kumon
did they teach that in the 70's - 80's ??

don't know this Kumon
did they teach that in the 70's - 80's ??
I think they did - students were proficient in Arithmetic by the time they finished elementary school. We could divide a check, multiply and divide up to 12x12, add and subtract triple digit numbers -- all without our abacus.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom