Kathleen Wynne - What will be her Legacy? | Page 5 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Kathleen Wynne - What will be her Legacy?

I work in tech and the rate at which automation/AI is advancing, pretty soon it will be impossible for anyone, except those with a CS degree to find work.
(who needs accountants? Truck drivers? Pilots? etc etc etc)

I have friends(some who work for CRA, or other accounting firms) that suggest a tax on businesses who choose to purchase advanced robotics/machines to do the work that was previously done by humans. After all if you put EVERYBODY out of work, that population has to be supported somehow.

Last edited:
I have friends(some who work for CRA, or other accounting firms) that suggest a tax on businesses who choose to purchase advanced robotics/machines to do the work that was previously done by humans. After all if you put EVERYBODY out of work, that population has to be supported somehow.

I shudder to think anybody working for the CRA, or worse any accounting firm would suggest such a thing. If you tax a company for trying to remain competitive in a market, and force them to retain dumb dumbs to put screw "X" in hole "B".... you'd have to be special. I'd fire my accounting firm for suggestions that dont have my businesses best interest at heart, it what I'm paying them for.

I'd go the other way
and institute a tax on companies that employ accountants as managers

I work in tech and the rate at which automation/AI is advancing, pretty soon it will be impossible for anyone, except those with a CS degree to find work.
(who needs accountants? Truck drivers? Pilots? etc etc etc)

We're a long way off from that. Since the beginning of the Industrial Revolution jobs have always faced pressure from increased efficiency -- that's not new. We adapt, we move on.

The challenge Ontario is facing right now isn't robots replacing us, it's gov't policy scaring investment away.

My little company is/was a great example. I had a dozen well paid factory workers 3 years ago. I wanted to retire so I sold the business to an American firm, one of my suppliers. After a few weeks of operating here, they got fed up with the regulation and taxation -- they moved the whole shebang to PA. Lost were 12 direct jobs, at least the same number of jobs at local suppliers when the company stopped buying their goods and services.

Under Wynn's watch the province has lost a a few hundred thousand jobs (50,000 in January alone). In a strange twist, the job losses didn't impact minimum wage earners as much as it did higher paying jobs -- which is especially troubling as it suggest businesses are cutting high paying technology and manufacturing jobs to fund $14 McJobs.

The “automation will put everyone out of work” argument can’t really hold up.....who’s going to buy the things the robots make if they don’t have any cash? There’s a huge catch 22 there and it’s an interesting thought process.

the machines will require no pension plan, benefits, vacation or breaks. The enormous surplus of cash the manufacturing sector will have will divert to social assistance for those left behind and we will have UTOPIA!!

then comes Terminator.....

Here is the way I see it. It’s only an opinion. I’m not claiming to have knowledge of the man (or woman) on the street per say.

No one wants Wynne back. There are a few that benefit from her actions and don’t want to get off the teet.

PC - folks want vote for them but, the cynic in most of them is saying, what are they going to do when they get into office? Good bye social programs and tax breaks for the rich. Gonna have to pay for those golden parachute clauses when they cut loose the fat cats at the board and CEO/CFOs making way too much money. And who is going to do the job for a salary of maybe less than the top 100 on the sunshine list and be responsible enough to run a business that has nuclear power plants. Homer Simpson can run the place and don’t worry about keeping things going or even capable of handing energy needs down the road. Leave that for the next voters.

NDP - likely the most honest of the bunch. We are all the same, being rich is bad. Give it all to the poor. Let’s take care of everyone and let the greedy move somewhere else. It’s just the right thing to do. Non-profit approach to business. We may not be innovative but, we will be satisfactory and content that everyone is treated the same way. No one is rich. Just comfortably numb.

Green - Who doesn’t love trees and bicycles? Mother Earth first. People last. Someone get them a mic so, we can hear where they stand on all the issues including those that don’t impact the environment.

I pick up my dog poop. Isn’t that enough?

In summary - I can’t tell the Liberals from NDP anymore. I swear the libs have take every social policy from the NDP playbook to pull an Oprah and give everyone something for a vote. NDP can’t seem to gab the Libs poor record on spending waste and corruption to get enough of the vote. And let’s face it, those with conservative leanings just can’t hold their nose to go that far left.

They may vote Liberal but, NDP?

And the PC. They get stuck with right wing, wing nuts. Bible thumpers, white male do gooders that keep telling folks businesses making money and rich people need to spend their money somehow. They need more housekeepers, pool boys, service staff and people to make the toys they like to own and show off to other rich folks. Pick select artists with mediocre talent to pay them enormous dollars for their art.

Does the universities and colleges have programs for consultants or folks that arrange contracts with the government. Because they seem to make out really well regardless of who is in power.

Which reminds me, how do people or companies negotiate contracts that pay them huge payouts when the government cancels the contract or fires them? Seems like a nice gig if you can get it.

This is just verbal diarrhea. I’m somewhere in the conservative leaning crowd but, the cool aid ran out long ago. And I don’t see any viable options in any of the parties. The local representatives have their talking points but, don’t answer pointed questions and even if they did, no one believes the answers they give. They will tow the party line.

What a world we live in.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I was all set to vote conservative this time but then they picked their current leader, can't see voting ndp they seem to hate me according to their policy's. Probably wont bother voting and hope for a ndp minority. As that would likely mean a new pc leader and liberal leadership.
Here is the way I see it. It’s only an opinion. I’m not claiming to have knowledge of the man (or woman) on the street per say.

No one wants Wynne back. There are a few that benefit from her actions and don’t want to get off the teet.

PC - folks want vote for them but, the cynic in most of them is saying, what are they going to do when they get into office? Good bye social programs and tax breaks for the rich. Gonna have to pay for those golden parachute clauses when they cut loose the fat cats at the board and CEO/CFOs making way too much money. And who is going to do the job for a salary of maybe less than the top 100 on the sunshine list and be responsible enough to run a business that has nuclear power plants. Homer Simpson can run the place and don’t worry about keeping things going or even capable of handing energy needs down the road. Leave that for the next voters.

NDP - likely the most honest of the bunch. We are all the same, being rich is bad. Give it all to the poor. Let’s take care of everyone and let the greedy move somewhere else. It’s just the right thing to do. Non-profit approach to business. We may not be innovative but, we will be satisfactory and content that everyone is treated the same way. No one is rich. Just comfortably numb.

Green - Who doesn’t love trees and bicycles? Mother Earth first. People last. Someone get them a mic so, we can hear where they stand on all the issues including those that don’t impact the environment.

I pick up my dog poop. Isn’t that enough?

In summary - I can’t tell the Liberals from NDP anymore. I swear the libs have take every social policy from the NDP playbook to pull an Oprah and give everyone something for a vote. NDP can’t seem to gab the Libs poor record on spending waste and corruption to get enough of the vote. And let’s face it, those with conservative leanings just can’t hold their nose to go that far left.

They may vote Liberal but, NDP?

And the PC. They get stuck with right wing, wing nuts. Bible thumpers, white male do gooders that keep telling folks businesses making money and rich people need to spend their money somehow. They need more housekeepers, pool boys, service staff and people to make the toys they like to own and show off to other rich folks. Pick select artists with mediocre talent to pay them enormous dollars for their art.

Does the universities and colleges have programs for consultants or folks that arrange contracts with the government. Because they seem to make out really well regardless of who is in power.

Which reminds me, how do people or companies negotiate contracts that pay them huge payouts when the government cancels the contract or fires them? Seems like a nice gig if you can get it.

This is just verbal diarrhea. I’m somewhere in the conservative leaning crowd but, the cool air ran out long ago. And I don’t see any viable options in any of the parties. The local representatives have their talking points but, don’t answer pointed questions and even if they did, no one believes the answers they give. They will tow the party line.

What a world we live in.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Doug for mayor? No thanks.
Doug for premier? Hope not.
Doug for prime minister? "Folks tell me this is what they want"

Just wait for it.

I was all set to vote conservative this time but then they picked their current leader, can't see voting ndp they seem to hate me according to their policy's. Probably wont bother voting and hope for a ndp minority. As that would likely mean a new pc leader and liberal leadership.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

I just told the liberals to go fish on the phone. Not voting for a party that puts a populist dumbass on the ticket with no coherent ideas about anything, that's what we got at the provincial level here and look over the border to see what else that does so PC can go fish too. I'll have a close look at the NDP or think about declining my vote. Can't vote for the Greens as I don't have a tambourine.

Well, her legacy sure wont be 'butchest liberal'. They've got a new one of those. Like we get it, you like to lick the bean, so do I. You don't have to dress up like Drew Carrey.
wynne-and-pike.JPEG

Well, her legacy sure wont be 'butchest liberal'. They've got a new one of those. Like we get it, you like to lick the bean, so do I. You don't have to dress up like Drew Carrey.
wynne-and-pike.JPEG
What is she doing with R. Lee Ermey?

The more Ford opens his gob the closer that poll is going to run. The PCs should be behaving like mime artists up until polling day spending time shaking hands and kissing babies, the NDP have to get more coverage and spread a better message about their policies. I think the message is out that whatever the Wynn liberals say it's going to be ********. The greens ...well.....I think the greens should maybe let people know what their economic policy is all about.

What a circus.

The NDP are calling for an investigation into various PC nominations. Now that can just be show boating BUT these two paragraphs from the article make me shake my head....

"No allegations have been proven in court, and Snover Dhillon, the Tory power broker cited by the New Democrats in their letters of complaint, has told the Star he is being unfairly targeted.

“I have done nothing wrong,” said Dhillon, who has twice been convicted of fraud. A major PC organizer in the past three Ontario elections, he has met with Ford several times over the years."

WTF, twice---TWICE---convicted of fraud yet still in the PC party mix. You would think they would have told this guy to go away, we don't want your help and keep your distance from the party... instead???? What was that about removing the rot?

The article for the quote:
https://www.thestar.com/news/queens...tions-ontario-to-probe-12-pc-nominations.html

Another two articles:
https://www.theglobeandmail.com/new...-coveted-seat-at-harper-rally/article1322168/

http://nationalpost.com/news/man-at...speaks-out-says-he-is-being-unfairly-vilified

Last edited:
In the past 12 years that I been able to vote, I can only recall voting out of fear for the worse. Everytime we got a change it ended up being worse. There's countless posts here arguing if liberals, conservatives, or ndp are bad. They're all terrible. It's a waste to vote for any of them. I wanted to see what other voting options are available in Milton. Stop wasting my vote on the status quo, and actually encourage change. So there's Green, libertarian and some party that does not even have a website. Too bad, I will be refusing my ballot.

Back
Top Bottom