Tearoffs Info | GTAMotorcycle.com

Tearoffs Info

For the street or racing or dirt bike (goggles)? I have a shark helmet that came with them but never used them as I don’t race and a clean soapy rag works well.

Thanks for replying, and sorry I wasn't more informative.
Helmet visor bugs on trips to Newfoundland yearly is my bag...as well as daily 1/2 hr commute
Have to buy and install posts for the tearoffs for my Bell Evo Revolver helmet.
Appreciate your time!

I can't imagine using tearoffs for a commute. Even for the ride to newfoundland, scraping off the bugs when you fuel up seems like an acceptable solution to me. What's the big advantage of tearoffs when you're not racing?

I can't imagine using tearoffs for a commute. Even for the ride to newfoundland, scraping off the bugs when you fuel up seems like an acceptable solution to me. What's the big advantage of tearoffs when you're not racing?

Uhhh cause you look waaay cooler. *dunno*

Yeah, I never used them before, but I'm gonna try them out. I'm gone for a month / there's lots of bugs / its convenient / its cheap too...
I can see better, longer, anytime I want. I'm not going to litter. I have gone through enough visors, and it's just time for me to do it.

Yeah, I never used them before, but I'm gonna try them out. I'm gone for a month / there's lots of bugs / its convenient / its cheap too...
I can see better, longer, anytime I want. I'm not going to litter. I have gone through enough visors, and it's just time for me to do it.

If you’re not going to litter are you just going to shove them in your pocket?

Ha ha ha...I'm not sure about that... but I'll figure a location out. I seem to be good at that. Maybe soak 'em, clean 'em and reuse them.
The mylar film tearoffs are the good ones...so I hear...and they are definitely not the ones that cost 19.95 for 200!
(I'm a long-time drummer with lots of drumheads...and drums. And of course, we all know Remo Belli acquired mylar photographic film used for surveillance pics after ww2 and used it for drumheads rather than that calfskin and revolutionized the whole drumming world...so maybe I shouldn't have posted the question in the first place! Maybe I just have to buy some tearoff posts and go and cut up some drumheads!

Ha ha ha...I'm not sure about that... but I'll figure a location out. I seem to be good at that. Maybe soak 'em, clean 'em and reuse them.
The mylar film tearoffs are the good ones...so I hear...and they are definitely not the ones that cost 19.95 for 200!
(I'm a long-time drummer with lots of drumheads...and drums. And of course, we all know Remo Belli acquired mylar photographic film used for surveillance pics after ww2 and used it for drumheads rather than that calfskin and revolutionized the whole drumming world...so maybe I shouldn't have posted the question in the first place! Maybe I just have to buy some tearoff posts and go and cut up some drumheads!

A lot of people have a soapy rag at hand...it’s a lot cheaper.

A lot of people have a soapy rag at hand...it’s a lot cheaper.
Sorry, I've been doing that for decades...I am up for trying something new. Cheaper is out the window, I'm afraid...
Check out Jayells reference below yours...
Cheers and happy trails, man...

Two ziplock bags.One with a little towel sprayed with Plexus or whatever.And the other with a dry towel.Fits in a pocket.Been doing it for decades at gas stops.Or just a paper towel in the gooey water at the pump.

Microfiber clothe at least. I keep carrying spare visors on trips and never use them. Detergent, clean water and a set of small microfibre - one wet - one for drying.

Paper towels rip the visor surface and even most non mf cloth does as well.

Back
Top Bottom