Motorcycle Too Far | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Motorcycle Too Far

Wrong - I'm 6'0" and rode one back from Calabogie to Toronto (long story) in 6.5 hours.
BTW, still waiting for brake pads ? If you'd bit the bullet in the first place instead of dicking around that job would be done now.
Quit overthinking, get on with it.

I still have good amount on the pads, and I got the other ones on Monday. Its not the hours that's annoying its the the fact its a 125cc, I'm a big guy over 200lbs its not going to be fun. If I'm patient and call around I might be able to find somebody to go with.

If you're going to ride 1000 kms several times a week the added kms may be a factor. Stating you just got back from a 1000 km trip could be a selling plus, the bike isn't afraid of the road.

Ride there and stay over at a cheap motel. Take nice roads and enjoy life. Even if you don't buy that bike you will enjoy the experience.

Don't rely on web pictures. Ask for hi def specifics of key shots. I don't know that make and model but others may suggest key pictures.

If you're going to ride 1000 kms several times a week the added kms may be a factor. Stating you just got back from a 1000 km trip could be a selling plus, the bike isn't afraid of the road.

Ride there and stay over at a cheap motel. Take nice roads and enjoy life. Even if you don't buy that bike you will enjoy the experience.

Don't rely on web pictures. Ask for hi def specifics of key shots. I don't know that make and model but others may suggest key pictures.
Wonder how is riding a 125 at highway speeds for hours. The smallest displacement I've ridden is a 225 on the hwy. The revs and vibrations get pretty crazy at 110-120.

I maybe ride 50km a week my school and my work is not far. Everything in Scarborough.

Wonder how is riding a 125 at highway speeds for hours. The smallest displacement I've ridden is a 225 on the hwy. The revs and vibrations get pretty crazy at 110-120.

It wont get up to 110 or 120 so I would have to take the back roads. And the vibrations would be insane especially for hours.

You posted a thread stating that it was too far away.

What should you do? Nothing. It's too far away for you.
Rent a car if you are that worried about the 125.

You posted a thread stating that it was too far away.

What should you do? Nothing. It's too far away for you.
Rent a car if you are that worried about the 125.

I only have a g1 so that's out of the question. Even if I get my g2 I don't think I could get a reasonable rate. I thought I would find a solution that's why I posted, like somebody living there and they could check it out.

lol he said if I pay him, he would do it.
Wait. You thought someone would make a trek like that for free?

Sent from my purple G4 using Tapatalk

Wait. You thought someone would make a trek like that for free?

Sent from my purple G4 using Tapatalk

He said it seriously so I thought yeah, like I would have done something like that if the location was close enough.

At 200lbs, it would not be fun.

I've done a full day ride on the 125 and rode the highway back, but that was 6 years ago.

I weighed around 145lbs at the time and would be in full tuck on the highway essentially resting/laying on my tank. A 200lb person likely wouldn't be able to do that.

Vibrations weren't that bad as long as you're light on the grip and I was travelling at an indicated 130-135km/h using tailwind from other vehicle where possible.
On flat open road, I was holding 130km/h, but would slow down to 115-120km/h on long uphills.

At 200lbs, it would not be fun.

I've done a full day ride on the 125 and rode the highway back, but that was 6 years ago.

I weighed around 145lbs at the time and would be in full tuck on the highway essentially resting/laying on my tank. A 200lb person likely wouldn't be able to do that.

Vibrations weren't that bad as long as you're light on the grip and I was travelling at an indicated 130-135km/h using tailwind from other vehicle where possible.
On flat open road, I was holding 130km/h, but would slow down to 115-120km/h on long uphills.

Exactly lol, I think some people just don't understand.

Exactly lol, I think some people just don't understand.

I was thinking this is the perfect application for a vista cruise. Just open the throttle all the way and lock it. Unlock it when you get to Pet.

He said it seriously so I thought yeah, like I would have done something like that if the location was close enough.

wasn't serious about the trip to do this
or about taking $ for it

a bit closer and I'd help you out
but sounds like you have it covered

good luck

I did, otherwise I would have jumped a proper super sport.

If memory serves, you would technically be jumping to a proper super sport. The generation of ZZR you are looking at was literally the previous version of the ZX6r re-badged as the ZZR when the newer generation of the ZX6r came out. I don't remember if they tuned it differently or not, but basically you are buying an SS bike, just not a modern one. It's more like buying an SS bike from the early 2000's. It is a brilliant move on the part of Kawasaki and I don't know why it didn't catch on better here in Canada. If you want a great sport bike but don't need the latest and greatest and don't want to pay the SS insurance premium, you buy this bike. It is a slightly older design of SS bike but you avoid the insurance problems and Kawi has zero R+D costs. Sadly once a newer model of SS bike comes out the average SS rider thinks the older one is now a dinosaur and won't look at it even though it is still way more bike than they could probably ever use.

Last time I checked, all roads leading to Petawawa are posted 80 or 90 kph max and the biggest hill on the way there is just north of Denbigh.
... if it is fitted with 2 massive front disc brakes then it is probably too much motorcycle for a noobie, they simply do not put dual front disc brakes on a motorcycle unless it is either very heavy, very fast or both.

Last time I checked, all roads leading to Petawawa are posted 80 or 90 kph max and the biggest hill on the way there is just north of Denbigh.

I was going to say that (There's PLENTY of ways to get to and from there on roads that never exceed 80K posted) but I think it comes down to the OP just not wanting to ride that far (regardless of bike) more-so than any other reason.

If memory serves, you would technically be jumping to a proper super sport. The generation of ZZR you are looking at was literally the previous version of the ZX6r re-badged as the ZZR when the newer generation of the ZX6r came out. I don't remember if they tuned it differently or not, but basically you are buying an SS bike, just not a modern one. It's more like buying an SS bike from the early 2000's. It is a brilliant move on the part of Kawasaki and I don't know why it didn't catch on better here in Canada. If you want a great sport bike but don't need the latest and greatest and don't want to pay the SS insurance premium, you buy this bike. It is a slightly older design of SS bike but you avoid the insurance problems and Kawi has zero R+D costs. Sadly once a newer model of SS bike comes out the average SS rider thinks the older one is now a dinosaur and won't look at it even though it is still way more bike than they could probably ever use.

I meant the race replica bikes but I understand what your saying.It's a great bike that's why I'm getting it.

... if it is fitted with 2 massive front disc brakes then it is probably too much motorcycle for a noobie, they simply do not put dual front disc brakes on a motorcycle unless it is either very heavy, very fast or both.

I got a buddy and were just going drive up there. I don't want to ride that long to be honest on a 125cc.

Back
Top Bottom