Motorcycle Too Far | GTAMotorcycle.com

Motorcycle Too Far

Noob28

So I want to upgrade and I have been looking at this ad for a zzr600 that's in Petawawa but I have no way of seeing it before I buy it. I don't have a car and I don't want to put a lot of Kms on my current motorcycle because I want to sell it. What should I do??

Thanks

noob rider ??

Check your insurance first. You going from a CBR125 to 600ZZR???

One year riding ?

There have been a few come to grief on that kind of jump......just saying....thos it's not a full ss.

Last edited:
Have you called and checked that you can actually get insurance on it?

That could be a problem for a brand new rider with only 1 year experience - that's a huge step from a CBR125.

As for worrying about mileage, don't. It's only 650KM return. An additional 650KM on a 125 isn't going to be a make it or break it decision for anybody looking to buy it. My question is...if you ride there, how are you going to get both bikes back home again??

I read a quote once, it went something like:

"Not riding your motorcycle to keep the km's down is like not ****ing your wife to keep her tight for the next guy."

Anyway, sorry I don't have any suggestions for you.

"Not riding your motorcycle to keep the km's down is like not ****ing your wife to keep her tight for the next guy."

Lmao

I used google maps and it said it would take me 9 hours lol.
It's a real nice ride up highway 41,

... did they indicate a reason for selling? got a ticket and can't afford the insurance or has nowhere safe to store it on base.

Consider this ....to really have some fun on that you need to get to Pennsylvania ....4 hours....then you are out of any issues with tickets and into riding heaven.
A single ticket in Ontario, Quebec, or New York State may put insurance way way out of reach.

My sense is you got too small a bike to start and taking too big a jump to correct that....my 2¢
Good luck.

Keep the km down? What's a round trip to pet? 1000 +/-? Meh, entirely irrelevant on the price and lifetime of the bike.

I was going to post exactly that in my earlier response actually, but then figured I might get a warning for it. LOL

If that's the ZZR600 for $3,100 then it's not worth the trip. You can easily find one in similar price range locally. Why waste time and money to go so far to see a bike that is not difficult to find or a steal of deal?
They are basically re-badged, early 2000's ZX-6Rs.

So I want to upgrade and I have been looking at this ad for a zzr600 that's in Petawawa but I have no way of seeing it before I buy it. I don't have a car and I don't want to put a lot of Kms on my current motorcycle because I want to sell it. What should I do??

Thanks

Ride the CBR125 - its about a 6.5 hour trip on the back roads.

I get it lol, but I still want to keep the km low for the sake of selling it.

Back
Top Bottom