Ninja 300 problematic sound | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Ninja 300 problematic sound

If my front brake pads were worn down would it make this sound? Like I can definitely say something is rubbing but how would I pinpoint what is exactly is?
It 'could' if they were worn down to the metal and slapping around in there, but that shouldn't change on accel/decel/weight shifts. As for pinpointing it you'll have to get a helper to check it over while you sit on it, or vice versa. I'm a bit far from you but if you were riding today I would take a look for you. I'm gonna take one final guess and say that its a fender, chain guard, battery box, coolant overflow bottle, or something like that.

The sound at 5:40 and 5:45 or so sounds a bit like an exhaust rattle; a loose heatshield, loose joint(s) (missing springs, loose clamps, that sort of thing) etc.

Something like a heat shield rattle in a car:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yxKCkG-PHgM

Happens at certain engine RPM points that "excite" the loose bits in a way that makes them rattle.

^ good call!

OP, exhaust, has someone put an aftermarket can on the bike?
is the hanger loose? clamp? I think BF is onto something........

To me it sounds like a gear meshing noise. Correct grade and level of engine lubricant? Or maybe - but unlikely - drive chain, but it would have to be really tight to make that much noise. FWIW, my ZX14 is pretty whiney when downshifting at low rpm. Maybe it's just a Kawi' thing ��
That's my 2 cents.

Last edited:
C'mon Chris, don't be one of those people that just walks away from a thread leaving folks hanging.

Besides, whatever you found might be useful to others.

I took off the entire front brake caliper, took it apart, cleaned it, and put it back on and miraculously the noise is no more.

Yaaaaa! doesn't that feel awesome when you fix something on your own motorcycle!

Back
Top Bottom