Motorcycle Safety Certificate | GTAMotorcycle.com

Motorcycle Safety Certificate

Gameover1

Anyone know a place in Scarborough or Markham that provides motorcycle safety inspection/certificate? If you could also include the cost of what the charge that would be great.

Thanks in advance!

Nobody does safeties in Ontario anymore. You are now required to take a motorcycle mechanics course from a registered college and perform the safety yourself, then have it approved by MTO.
.or use the Search function at the top to get all your answers before asking and waiting.

And yes, I am a little crabby today

:p:p:p

Nobody does safeties in Ontario anymore. You are now required to take a motorcycle mechanics course from a registered college and perform the safety yourself, then have it approved by MTO.
.or use the Search function at the top to get all your answers before asking and waiting.

And yes, I am a little crabby today

got it done about a month ago , cost me $111 (tax included) for my safety at readyhondapowersport in mississauga. i didn't need an appointment, it took about little over an hour. call ahead and ask what the motorcycle needs/have to pass safety, working indicators, tire tread, reflectors? later

got it done about a month ago , cost me $111 (tax included) for my safety at readyhondapowersport in mississauga. i didn't need an appointment, it took about little over an hour. call ahead and ask what the motorcycle needs/have to pass safety, working indicators, tire tread, reflectors? later

Holy moly, $111??!

It's about a 15 minute job, 20 if the mechanic is dicking around, plus maybe another 5 minutes to write up the actual safety certificate.

Paid $60 for my last safety on my wifes bike 2 years ago - I was in and out in 30 minutes.

Holy moly, $111??!

It's about a 15 minute job, 20 if the mechanic is dicking around, plus maybe another 5 minutes to write up the actual safety certificate.

Paid $60 for my last safety on my wifes bike 2 years ago - I was in and out in 30 minutes.

I think prices have gone up. I called several places around Newmarket in Feb-March this year, lowest was $90-$100. There are a few exceptions like Rosey.

I think prices have gone up. I called several places around Newmarket in Feb-March this year, lowest was $90-$100. There are a few exceptions like Rosey.

Need to find a private motorcycle shop (non-dealer) that charges by the amount of actual work/time involved. A dealer charging $100+ doesn't surprise me I guess in hindsight, nor would a place like Canadian Tire or whatnot that charges a flat rate for a safety regardless if it's a car that takes 1.5 hours or a motorcycle that takes 0.25.

Cycle World at Sheppard and McCowan will take walk-ins for safety, its $95. They really check it well too, found the tiniest notch in my steering bearings when I got my Magna certified. They even had a proper needle bearing upgrade kit in stock to fit my old beater. I've bought lots of gear and had many tires changed there, always a treat.

Cycle World at Sheppard and McCowan will take walk-ins for safety, its $95. They really check it well too, found the tiniest notch in my steering bearings when I got my Magna certified. They even had a proper needle bearing upgrade kit in stock to fit my old beater. I've bought lots of gear and had many tires changed there, always a treat.

We used to walk past that place as kids on our way to/from school and stare at all the bikes through the windows...in the late 70s early 80s. Amazing that it’s still there .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I amazes me how people will complain at the labour prices at a shop. If you can do it yourself do it but shops have a lot of overhead. They have to pay the wages of the mechanics, other staff and heat, hydro and the list goes on. Not cheap to operate a business in Ontario!

I took my bike to a mechanic in Alliston and all it costed me was $45.00 + change. This was just for safety standards certificate. I prepped my bike myself prior to inspection (tires, brakes etc...)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Holy moly, $111??!

It's also the busiest time of the year. I am sure in January lots of shops would do a $60 safety.

I amazes me how people will complain at the labour prices at a shop. If you can do it yourself do it but shops have a lot of overhead. They have to pay the wages of the mechanics, other staff and heat, hydro and the list goes on. Not cheap to operate a business in Ontario!

Plus, they have to buy the actual certificate books from the province !

Back
Top Bottom