Gansraska and plate/insurance | GTAMotorcycle.com

Gansraska and plate/insurance

geoff-9

Site Supporter
Im new into the dirt riding. I picked up a yz450f, strictly offroad with no lights etc.
Im interested to ride ganaraska but see that i need a plate and insurance. Ill be taking it there on the truck so no issue there.

I called a few conpanies and they wont insure it unless it has lights.
How do i get around this and what plate do i get if i can get one. Also who insures for trail riding.

Sorry for the noob question, just dont know anything about legalities of dirt riding.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

Geoff

You need attend the MTO office and register your off road motorcycle and obtain an off road plate, off road plates go on the front of the bike (over the number plate of the YZ). You also need Pubic Liability, Public Damage insurance, there are many insurance companies that will do this for you, I can recommend State Farm Insurance Rep George Rappos out of Newmarket 905 895 777.

Hope this helps

Thanks a lot, that sums it up, ill give them a call. I tried TD and riders plus but will try them.

1) Ensure your yz is registered as an off road vehicle under your name by going to the MTO and getting an off road plate.
2) Call your insurance company and ensure they know it is insurance for an off road vehicle, for example i Pay about 100 dollars a year. I use Aviva.
3) Go to the Ganaraska forest centre or the gas station on tHWY 115 and exit 8 (South Bound) and get a ganaraska yearly pass (about 180)

That is one beast of a bike to start riding trails.

Hope this helps.

Im new into the dirt riding. I picked up a yz450f, strictly offroad with no lights etc.
Im interested to ride ganaraska but see that i need a plate and insurance. Ill be taking it there on the truck so no issue there.

I called a few conpanies and they wont insure it unless it has lights.
How do i get around this and what plate do i get if i can get one. Also who insures for trail riding.

Sorry for the noob question, just dont know anything about legalities of dirt riding.

Wow! Have you been riding a friends bike or dirt bikes elsewhere? Woods riding on a 450, let alone a YZ.. that's a lot of power there!

Photocopies of documents are acceptable so carry those instead of originals. Plate just needs to be visible so don't drill holes if you don't want to.

Handguards, skidplate, and gear that monster down ;)

Thanks.

I started by learning on a dirtbike then progressed up, been riding powerful bikes for 15 years so ill just start slow

Geoff

You need attend the MTO office and register your off road motorcycle and obtain an off road plate, off road plates go on the front of the bike (over the number plate of the YZ). You also need Pubic Liability, Public Damage insurance, there are many insurance companies that will do this for you, I can recommend State Farm Insurance Rep George Rappos out of Newmarket 905 895 777.

Hope this helps
I went through your contact and it was $85 a year which is pretty good

Geoff

Hope this helps

Do you know if my is bike is Blue Plated, all I would need is the riding pass they issue?

Thanks

Back
Top Bottom