Mclaren in Toronto almost hits bikes



Results 1 to 19 of 19

Thread: Mclaren in Toronto almost hits bikes

  1. #1

    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Aprilia Caponord (RIP), 1974 mini
    Posts
    5,308

    Mclaren in Toronto almost hits bikes

    Forum Sponsor
    Only slightly bike related. Two bikes just missed getting taken out.

    Haha, target fixated on an R8. That was an expensive burnout.

    http://www.680news.com/video/iframe/...y_switch=false

  2. #2
    roadrash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    GTA
    Posts
    632

    Re: Mclaren in Toronto almost hits bikes

    Quote Originally Posted by GreyGhost View Post
    Only slightly bike related. Two bikes just missed getting taken out.

    Haha, target fixated on an R8. That was an expensive burnout.

    http://www.680news.com/video/iframe/...y_switch=false
    This looks like the same news from couple weeks ago, where a McLaren rammed into an R8. Kid took his sister's car for a joyride, then sister showed up in a Lambo lol

  3. #3
    PLau's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Richmond Hill/Woodbridge
    Posts
    3,384

    Re: Mclaren in Toronto almost hits bikes

    Hmm, looked like a moto-course being run in that lot.
    2007 Black CBR125 - SOLD!

    Grey Ninja 300 SE Abs -

    Layer up for when you lay'er down.

  4. #4

    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Aprilia Caponord (RIP), 1974 mini
    Posts
    5,308

    Re: Mclaren in Toronto almost hits bikes

    Quote Originally Posted by roadrash View Post
    This looks like the same news from couple weeks ago, where a McLaren rammed into an R8. Kid took his sister's car for a joyride, then sister showed up in a Lambo lol
    Looks like you're right. It happened around April 23, 2018 and the driver was an unlicensed 19 yo driving his friends car.

    http://dailyhive.com/toronto/toronto...en-crash-video

    EDIT:

    In other shocking news, these guys were going to be a part of Northface Rally. The douchebaggery car equivalent of ROTC.
    Last edited by GreyGhost; 05-08-2018 at 05:08 PM.

  5. #5
    JavaFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    613 ghetto
    Posts
    1,859

    Re: Mclaren in Toronto almost hits bikes

    looks like down at the docks?
    though my first impression was Markham

    https://twitter.com/Zero2Turbo/statu...en-crash-video
    Last edited by JavaFan; 05-08-2018 at 09:50 PM.

  6. #6

    Re: Mclaren in Toronto almost hits bikes

    Docks I think. Near the old Cascades recycling facility. These rich Hong Kong kids, don't their parents know what they're up to?

  7. #7
    N3WMAN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Barrie
    Posts
    6,526

    Re: Mclaren in Toronto almost hits bikes

    Polson Pier/Polson St.

    M1x course going on in the lot behind, hence the instructors in vests immediately on scene. RTI I believe.
    Pro #25
    NEWMANRACING.COM
    YOUTUBE.COM/N3WMAN13
    Latest blog post: HERE

  8. #8

    Re: Mclaren in Toronto almost hits bikes

    Kids figured they were experts at GTA, decided to go out and prove it in the GTA.

  9. #9
    TwistedKestrel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Grimsby
    Posts
    4,976

    Re: Mclaren in Toronto almost hits bikes

    Quote Originally Posted by GreyGhost View Post
    Looks like you're right. It happened around April 23, 2018 and the driver was an unlicensed 19 yo driving his friends car.

    http://dailyhive.com/toronto/toronto...en-crash-video

    EDIT:

    In other shocking news, these guys were going to be a part of Northface Rally. The douchebaggery car equivalent of ROTC.
    Going by these posts and their Instagram, Northface Rally seems associated with a LOT of wrecks. I wonder if this is the crowd I saw on the QEW last week
    2006 Honda CB919
    "Anything invented after you're thirty-five is against the natural order of things." -Douglas Adams

  10. #10

    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Aprilia Caponord (RIP), 1974 mini
    Posts
    5,308

    Re: Mclaren in Toronto almost hits bikes

    Quote Originally Posted by TwistedKestrel View Post
    Going by these posts and their Instagram, Northface Rally seems associated with a LOT of wrecks. I wonder if this is the crowd I saw on the QEW last week
    Northface rally was also the group of cars that got rounded up on the 400 last year with most of them ending up on tow trucks.

  11. #11
    Underdog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    Etobicoke
    Posts
    142

    Re: Mclaren in Toronto almost hits bikes

    Quote Originally Posted by Roadghost View Post
    Docks I think. Near the old Cascades recycling facility. These rich Hong Kong kids, don't their parents know what they're up to?
    Thats what what happens when ppl have more $$$ than brains!


    Sent from my iPhone using GTAMotorcycle.com mobile app

  12. #12
    JTR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    Hamilton
    Posts
    599

    Re: Mclaren in Toronto almost hits bikes

    Be Hilarious if the insurance company tells him he's on the hook because the driver wasn't licensed.
    Steed: 2017 Honda Shadow Phantom
    Cage: 2006 F150 4x4 Supercrew
    2002 Mustang GT Convertible

    Quote Originally Posted by jc100 View Post
    Hmm...if criminals are just going to go ahead and ignore laws can you explain why we have them?

  13. #13

    Re: Mclaren in Toronto almost hits bikes

    Quote Originally Posted by JTR View Post
    Be Hilarious if the insurance company tells him he's on the hook because the driver wasn't licensed.
    I doubt a guy with that kind of money cares.

  14. #14
    Riceburner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Stuck in Reality
    Posts
    6,595

    Re: Mclaren in Toronto almost hits bikes

    Yeah, if it's just property damage. If there was any injury, the cost would skyrocket over the price of a couple of supercars.

  15. #15
    Type17's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    373

    Re: Mclaren in Toronto almost hits bikes

    The Supreme sticker tells you everything you need to know...

  16. #16
    JTR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    Hamilton
    Posts
    599

    Re: Mclaren in Toronto almost hits bikes

    Quote Originally Posted by Type17 View Post
    The Supreme sticker tells you everything you need to know...
    I thought the same thing when I saw it. Also, the article was wrong about the price of the car. The 720 is about $430k not 250. Add it to the R8 and it's hovering close to 3/4 million written off in one shot.
    Steed: 2017 Honda Shadow Phantom
    Cage: 2006 F150 4x4 Supercrew
    2002 Mustang GT Convertible

    Quote Originally Posted by jc100 View Post
    Hmm...if criminals are just going to go ahead and ignore laws can you explain why we have them?

  17. #17

    Re: Mclaren in Toronto almost hits bikes

    Quote Originally Posted by JTR View Post
    I thought the same thing when I saw it. Also, the article was wrong about the price of the car. The 720 is about $430k not 250. Add it to the R8 and it's hovering close to 3/4 million written off in one shot.
    ‘I have a 720 they aren’t 430. They start at 340 . This guy is an idiot . No licence and it’s his sisters car, she is a piece of crap too,who ran down there to try and claim she was driving .He left his Chinese passport behind when he ran away ,Hope he gets his *** deported but more likely Trudeau willl hug him and pay him a few million
    Last edited by F3800RC; 05-12-2018 at 07:28 AM.

  18. #18

    Re: Mclaren in Toronto almost hits bikes

    Its always the people with the best cars that cant drive for ****?

    Remember seeing a lady in rosedale in her 300k bentley? Turned a 3 point turn into an 11 point turn....


    Also they wont be hurting, daddys money keepin em warm and cozy

  19. #19

    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Barrie
    Posts
    488

    Re: Mclaren in Toronto almost hits bikes

    Thank the sweet baby Jesus that the Supreme sticker is unharmed! Phew!

    I was so worried that something was going to happen to the greatest part of that car.
    2011 250 Ninja -> 2008 C50 Boulevard -> 2015 FZ9 -> 2017 Octane

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •