Beware of Driving / Riding in the US! | GTAMotorcycle.com

Beware of Driving / Riding in the US!

She forgot to mention that she is a resident of that state and goes to school there. In her case she had to get a driver's license in the state of Georgia after the 30 day mark, and clearly failed to do so.

For the average person, visiting the state of Georgia is perfectly fine

She forgot to mention that she is a resident of that state and goes to school there. In her case she had to get a driver's license in the state of Georgia after the 30 day mark, and clearly failed to do so.

Ah, knew there had to be something more to this. She's clearly lying by omission to the media. Not cool.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

Agree. The media didn't do their homework on this one. They should have got more information from the police.

Re: Georgia USA closed to Canadian Drivers

Liter of cola anyone?

Students are temporary residents.

Are you sure they have the same requirements to get a Georgia DL?

Re: Georgia USA closed to Canadian Drivers

Probably cbc just trying to instill panic, saying trump's america is to blame. Gotta love cbc propaganda.

It looks like I'm not the only one who got it wrong, assuming the cop wrong and CBC right.

More facts / point of view: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-EQsvOlCTl8

Considering their politics of late one can understand the Americans being thought of as dumb but accepting our government linked CBC to be an accurate source of facts was an error on my part. Is CBC going to become Fox North?

What bothers me more is the gigabytes of chat, post and emails this will generate with a huge percentage of the people hitting the send key and never correcting their misconception.

Remember the five million dollar cup of coffee from McDonald's?

How many people have corrected their views pointing out the amount got reduced by about 99%.

Last edited:
A few minutes of googling shows some conflicting information regarding the requirements.

- Some info says you're not considered a resident of Georgia until you have lived there for 12 consecutive months and that non-resident drivers can continue to use their out-of-state DL
- Other info says after 30 days in Georgia you're required to get a Georgia DL

Can't find anything that specifically relates to out-of-states students who are only living in Georgia temporarily.

Not doing (allegedly) 87 mph in a 70 zone would help, too.

Students are temporary residents.

Are you sure they have the same requirements to get a Georgia DL?

Yes they do. I work for Cisco and have been temporally relocated to the old Scientific Altanta office in Lawrenceville a couple of times. Your license is good for 30 days.

Just show up at the DMV with your Canadian license, fill out a form, get your picture taken, pay $30 and get a GA license in the mail in a couple of days.

any jurisdiction can have a few azzhole cops

I just completed an 8,000 km loop
~ 70% of it in southern, red states
staying with the flow of traffic was not an issue in any of them
I-S limit is 75, traffic flowing at 135, that's enough for me
secondary highways at 55-60 is also fine, still quicker than here
and if you're cruising around another country
good idea to have your passport with you

I'm thinking this situation was escalated by excess estrogen

LOL
- Don't speed in Virginia. WAY worse than Georgia!

In Georgia you are usually ok at less than 10 mph over the speed limit unless it's a school zone or construction zone. More than that, they start getting excited. In a lot of states, they can start throwing reckless driving at you at 20 mph over.

Virginia ... don't even think about it.

A cop in Ohio said "Eight is great, Nine you're mine." (MPH)

BTW I don't think the American LEOs appreciate our "We're prissy polite Canadians" attitude any more than we like the gun totting Amuricun "World savior attitude"

Nothing like attitude to start a conflict.

BTW in some jurisdictions the residents don't pay any property taxes. That all comes from CGI. Cop Generated Income.

I thought you had to have your passport on you and that was this student's issue. There’s quite a few countries where you need to have your passport on you as official ID. I just came back from Panama and there’s a police checkpoint just outside the town we were staying in. Not having your passport on you if pulled over means the car gets impounded and you get a nice fine. In the US you might not be asked for it all the time but I have it on me anyway just in case.

arresting officer was a woman
gonna inject some race commentary
as it's impossible not to have race involved in any encounter in the South
but I bet LEO was a black woman

and I bet if there was a recording of the incident
you would have heard "crazy white b*tch going to jail"

caffeinated, hyper, emotional, entitled, Canadian girl
caught speeding with an ON DL and no passport
that ain't gonna go over well with a black Georgia gal

A cop in Ohio said "Eight is great, Nine you're mine." (MPH)

BTW I don't think the American LEOs appreciate our "We're prissy polite Canadians" attitude any more than we like the gun totting Amuricun "World savior attitude"

Nothing like attitude to start a conflict.

BTW in some jurisdictions the residents don't pay any property taxes. That all comes from CGI. Cop Generated Income.

All states pay property taxes. They may be as low as 0.28% though. Salaries for police officers are based off the household incomes of the neighborhoods they police(typically).

Back
Top Bottom