NEED ANSWERS on Huge insurance quote increase

Thread: NEED ANSWERS on Huge insurance quote increase

NEED ANSWERS on Huge insurance quote increase

Forum Sponsor
    I sold my cruiser back in February and purchased a Ninja Motorcycle and currently insured with it. I am looking for a second bike now, a similar cruiser to what I had and was insured at $600 annually which was descent. I called for quotes before heading over to see the new used bikes Im interested in seeing and the insurance company quoted me $1000 annually. So same or smaller dispacement bike 2 months after cancelling my one policy for $600 is now $1000 to get coverage. WTF!! They told me there rates have gone up but cmon not like 40%. Can anyone in the indusrty or not explain to me why this is happening and any suggestions I do on this issue would be nice.

Thank you

Re: NEED ANSWERS on Huge insurance quote increase

Quote Originally Posted by nikos1965 View Post
    I sold my cruiser back in February and purchased a Ninja Motorcycle and currently insured with it. I am looking for a second bike now, a similar cruiser to what I had and was insured at $600 annually which was descent. I called for quotes before heading over to see the new used bikes Im interested in seeing and the insurance company quoted me $1000 annually. So same or smaller dispacement bike 2 months after cancelling my one policy for $600 is now $1000 to get coverage. WTF!! They told me there rates have gone up but cmon not like 40%. Can anyone in the indusrty or not explain to me why this is happening and any suggestions I do on this issue would be nice.

Thank you
    I don't work in the industry, but we already know insurance is a scam. There's no way around it. Your best bet is to call around as many places as you can find.

Has been mentioned before, the co-operators seem to be giving out great rates for cruisers.

For curiosity's sake, may I ask who your insurer is ?

Had to happen sooner or later, not enough sportbikes left on the road to over-charge for insurance, they are moving on to the cruisers

Thank you

There could be numerous reasons why and it just sounds like a load of crap but they can do this - it's possible that they might have raised it on you anyway during the duration you cancelled to the time you got a new bike, would you have been shocked if you got the bill in the mail while still insured on your previous bike.

I have a great rep at Allstate, let me know if you want this details - send me a pm.

CERTAS DIRECT. There original bike quotes were great, I dont know what the hell happened and changed that! I wanted a second bike but not at those rates.

What kind of cruiser did you used to have and what are you looking for quotes on now?

A while back Harleys were hit as hard as supersports with insurance increases. Not sure if metric cruisers suffered the same fate. If you had a Japanese cruiser back then and are looking at a Harley now, that might explain it.
    2011 Yamaha FZS800
    2017 Aprilia Tuono V4 1100 Factory

Quote Originally Posted by Blackfin View Post
    What kind of cruiser did you used to have and what are you looking for quotes on now?

A while back Harleys were hit as hard as supersports with insurance increases. Not sure if metric cruisers suffered the same fate. If you had a Japanese cruiser back then and are looking at a Harley now, that might explain it.
    I had a Vstar 1100 paying $600 no collision just 2 months ago sold it, now looking for either another vstar 1100 or a Vulcan 900 Cruiser and both bikes in around the 1k mark no collision.

I had a Vstar 1100 paying $600 no collision just 2 months ago sold it, now looking for either another vstar 1100 or a Vulcan 900 Cruiser and both bikes in around the 1k mark no collision.
    Age, driving record, and years M licenced?

Sounds to me like you just need to call around more. Unless you have points/tickets on your licence or live in Brampton or some other hot-temp postal code (see the link in my signature) that quote is excessive.

Try Dalton Timmis.
    --VTX1300 (Mine)
    ---VStar 650 (Wife)
    ----GZ250 Marauder (Sold)
    Insurance Price Heat Map