concrete tips | GTAMotorcycle.com

concrete tips

LiNK666

Doing a stamped concrete in the backyard. Need some advice on the grade of concrete. Few people use 30, but a lot of people are recommending 32.

Any recommendations?

I work for Sarjeants driving a ready mix truck. If it's outside I'd definitely use 32-c2. It has air in the mix and a few other additives so that it withstands the temperature changes throughout the year. Others mixes will freeze, crack and heave.

Sent from my SM-A500W using Tapatalk

I have 1000 sq ft of badly placed , badly spec'd, concrete in my yard that came with the house. Follow Icemans advice.

32 C2 for exterior work, several other things will effect longevity and your finished product, what material is being used for the base and how think? crushed stone vs clear stone, one needs to be compacted, the other doesn't, are you using wire mesh reinforcement?, are you putting in control joints? those need to be cut to a certain depth (1/3 of depth of slab) and at a certain time (within 24hrs of pour), and are supposed to be spaced a certain way (3m x 3m minimum), also concrete needs to be cured a certain way, its not really a "set it and forget it" deal, you want to keep it moist for at least the first 7 days, and stay off it for the first 3-4

are you putting in control joints? those need to be cut to a certain depth (1/3 of depth of slab) and at a certain time (within 24hrs of pour), and are supposed to be spaced a certain way (3m x 3m minimum),

How do they do control joints in stamped concrete? Does the stamp provide enough depth to act as control or are they created manually?

How do they do control joints in stamped concrete? Does the stamp provide enough depth to act as control or are they created manually?

they cut it in, the stamp is not deep enough

Mine was done with 32c four years ago. 32x16, coloured, stamped, and they were back a day later to cut. No issues yet, other than needing a good sealer coat.
Who recommends a decent product? Spray or roll on, I don't care.

... needing a good sealer coat.
Who recommends a decent product? Spray or roll on, I don't care.
Super Diamond clear 350, just did my acid stained garage floor with it and it's awesome, sprayed it on and rolled it, takes days to dry inside a garage, also used it on outdoor exposed aggregate decks, it dried relatively quick outdoors, ~1 day.

Acid stain turned out nice as well btw, new acquired product was a dismal failure, old product my friend had on hand from previous jobs worked great, finished floor looks sorta like dark brown shiny cork, very easy to hose down and dry with a rubber broom. The exposed aggregate worked great for outdoors over winter!

Super Diamond clear 350, just did my acid stained garage floor with it and it's awesome, sprayed it on and rolled it, takes days to dry inside a garage, also used it on outdoor exposed aggregate decks, it dried relatively quick outdoors, ~1 day.

Thanks, I'll look into it.
On a side note, I just finished 40' of fence that came down in one of the windstorms. Rather than concrete, I used the foam for postholes. Mixed reviews, and tbh, I'm not really confident with what I see so far. Still less than 2 days old though.

Back
Top Bottom