Gore-Tex lifetime warranty works! | GTAMotorcycle.com

Gore-Tex lifetime warranty works!

regder

Site Supporter
My BMW All-Round boots started leaking after about four years. Sent Gore-Tex some pics of my soggy socks and the boots showing they were still in usable condition. They were going to replace them but for whatever reason couldn't, so they gave me a full refund for the amount I paid.

Communication with Gore-Tex has been excellent throughout, can't say enough good things about this experience.

My BMW All-Round boots started leaking after about four years. Sent Gore-Tex some pics of my soggy socks and the boots showing they were still in usable condition. They were going to replace them but for whatever reason couldn't, so they gave me a full refund for the amount I paid.

Communication with Gore-Tex has been excellent throughout, can't say enough good things about this experience.
Thanks for sharing. Good to know for future purchases. Wonder if tcx offers the same. Recently purchased a set of tcx boots. Should look into the warranty

Thanks for sharing. Good to know for future purchases. Wonder if tcx offers the same. Recently purchased a set of tcx boots. Should look into the warranty

The Gore-Tex warranty goes through Gore-Tex itself, not the manufacturer of the boot, which is kind of neat. TCX and Alpinestars offer some boot models in both a generic 'waterproof' version which would go through the much shorter manufacturer's warranty, and in a separate Gore-Tex version which would go through the Gore-Tex warranty. The Gore-Tex versions are a bit more expensive, presumably to cover the additional quality control and warranty costs.

The Gore-Tex warranty goes through Gore-Tex itself, not the manufacturer of the boot, which is kind of neat. TCX and Alpinestars offer some boot models in both a generic 'waterproof' version which would go through the much shorter manufacturer's warranty, and in a separate Gore-Tex version which would go through the Gore-Tex warranty. The Gore-Tex versions are a bit more expensive, presumably to cover the additional quality control and warranty costs.
Yup, I was browsing gpbikes for gear yesterday and realized Gore Tex is the name of the technology. Saw tcx had boots with Gore Tex. For some reason, I thought it was a brand.

My tcx boots do not have it.

Thanks for clarifying.

My tcx riding shoes are stitched with waterproof on them. They are by far the least waterproof footwear I have ever owned. What’s my recourse? None.....it’s the last none gore item I will buy for riding. The gore warranty is worth every expensive penny.

I had a recent experience with my Rev’it! Goretex gloves. Last year they started to show signs of water ingress. I contacted Goretex directly, provided a description of the issue, corresponding pictures of the gloves, and my receipt. In a matter of days they responded indicating that they were going to proceed with a replacement of an equivalent Goretex glove. Excellent experience with them. My TCX boots are Goretex, and so far have been fantastic. You pay a premium for Goretex but the lifetime guarantee is worth it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom