Triumph Bonneville T100 rear master cylinder relocation | GTAMotorcycle.com

Triumph Bonneville T100 rear master cylinder relocation

fbristow

Site Supporter
Hello everyone,
I have a 2013 Bonneville T100 and it’s been modified partiallyby myself and Rob from Origin8or. In the latest project the airbox and sidecovers were removed but this leaves the master cylinder for the rear brake in avery conspicuous spot.
I’ve looked all over and have found a number of peoplesaying they moved it including on triumphrat but I can’t seem to find picturesor a detailed post on what was done.
Has anyone local done this to their Bonneville and would bewilling to share details? I’m ok with cutting tabs, welding on a tab in a differentplace or changing the push rod etc. Rob is willing to help me with that. I justneed some ideas of parts and what is involved.
I have LSL rearsets on there now and it can’t be done withthose because of the angle need to activate the brake. I don’t know if it canbe done with the stock set up. I have sold or trashed most of the OEM parts soI don’t want to purchase anything until I’ve seen the end result.

I attached a picture of where it is currently. All I want to do is move it somewhere so I can get the full cosmetic effect of the airbox removal.

Thanks.

Attachments

• Master stock location.jpg
    Master stock location.jpg
    82.5 KB · Views: 12
For a really clean look, you might be able to mount it sideways under the bike (but it will be a lot of work and require construction of a pivot). Something like F1 suspension.

lp700_71.jpg

If it was me, I would either just pull off the brake light wire to shorten the look, try to slide it down lower and shorten the rod or tip it to match the angle of the frame rail. Obviously the last two may present some problems in 3D so I don't know how practical they are.

EDIT:

As a simple first step, you may be able to reorient the banjo so the brake line heads across the bike instead of forward.

Last edited:
Thanks. I didn't even think of mounting it side ways. This is sort of my project bike so I don't mind messing with various angles and adding mounts or pivots.

Back
Top Bottom