USB power and voltmeter - handlebar mount. | GTAMotorcycle.com

USB power and voltmeter - handlebar mount.

MacDoc

Site Supporter
This seems to hit all the buttons

Has an off switch that looks to be nicely protected.

Dual USB out and a Voltmeter. After two stator failures last summer a Voltmeter was on the must have list as an early warning.

61Y8SSpQkqL._SL1500_.jpg

Handlebar mount too.

I don't need the 12 V socket but might come in handy for a small compressor and the unit is fused. cable looks long enough too. Like that type of open connector so do not have to take the battery bolts out to connect

71TGInxQ--L._SL1500_.jpg

Delivery tomorrow for free if you have Prime

https://www.amazon.ca/BlueFire-Wate...spons&keywords=usb+motorcycle+handlebar&psc=1

That thing is pretty sweet. I wonder how long it will last for in terms of durability or build quality.
My Datel voltmeter alone was $50, so that thing packs a lot of stuff for the price. I like that the voltmeter goes to 1 decimal place and is red in colour.

Actually does (theoretically at least) 4.2 amps on the USB. Good stuff. Many USB power solutions split 2 amps between the outlets.

I like that
for the power sources
but more for the volt meter
can decide to turn some stuff off if you see battery voltage depleting

$25 and prime delivery? no brainer....thanks MD

edit: will have it Tuesday for installation

Last edited:
Its a great idea, just be sure if you wire direct to the battery to remember to turn it OFF when your leaving for a bit, those USBs have a tiny parasitic draw as will the volt display, but left long enough it will drain down a battery.

Its a great idea, just be sure if you wire direct to the battery to remember to turn it OFF when your leaving for a bit, those USBs have a tiny parasitic draw as will the volt display, but left long enough it will drain down a battery.

yes
strange thing with my GPS mount
with device removed, it still draws the battery down
all it is, is a round plastic block with 2 small terminals protruding
device removed there is about a 1/2 in air gap between them
somehow it still draws current

ended up installing an aux fuse block that is powered on by a relay switched from the key
will be wiring this device up to one of the fuse ports on that block

Looks wel made ...bit bulky due to the 12v out which I don't need but seems well thought out and cable is long enough - will know tomorrow

I have a copy of an X-grip that has a usb connector. Plus I have a 3 in 1 voltmeter with temperature sensor. Pretty nifty.

Actually does (theoretically at least) 4.2 amps on the USB. Good stuff. Many USB power solutions split 2 amps between the outlets.

Each USB is labelled as 2.1A so it's doubtful that using only one would provide 4.2.

The USB is only 1A though. A big smartphone running a few power hungry apps (IE, streaming music) as well as being used for navigation (Waze/Google maps) can actually use more than 1A while running. In other words, even plugged into a 1A charger...the battery on the phone will still deplete, certainly not charge.

Each USB is labelled as 2.1A so it's doubtful that using only one would provide 4.2.

The USB is only 1A though. A big smartphone running a few power hungry apps (IE, streaming music) as well as being used for navigation (Waze/Google maps) can actually use more than 1A while running. In other words, even plugged into a 1A charger...the battery on the phone will still deplete, certainly not charge.
I have them on 3 bikes, they work great as long as they are kept dry. The USB ports are low power, I have one of those 5a USB plug ins I put into the power port for fast charging.

If any moisture gets into the USB or power port, the unit will fry itself -- quickly. 2 have fried on me while riding in the rain, so be sure to cap the ports in rain and when parked, AND make sure the ports are angled down when installed, this keeps moisture from running into the USB and power ports. Finally, be sure your on a switched power feed as they draw power constantly.

Yeah on full bright and navigating I will gradually run out of power on a 1a ....that said tho ...the 1a will charge my lithium brick and then the phone plugged into the lithium brick will charge at the same time ....weird. I was going to use just the lithium brick in the tank bag and charge it every night but I'd rather have the phone into the bike battery and keep the lithium as a fully charged backup.

But I've made sure since I get the 2.1s.

I just hope this fits the bars as the CBF is a smallish bike.

I have no success with cigarette lighter style plugs lasting on my bike. Either the vibration seems to kill them, or getting caught in the rain gets them.

I've actually been using the USB plug on the Kenwood deck in my Batwing - It seems to put out around 2A as it does slowly charge the phone even with Waze running and such, and there's a flip-down cover that covers the entire face of the radio (and the USB cord) to keep things sheltered.

I have a lithium charger pack thing as well that I bring while moto-camping - I charge it through the day while riding and then drag it into the tent with me at night - those things are amazing, powers some lighting, charges and maintains my phone all night long..and is often still 50-75% full the next morning.

Last edited:
Unit fits okay tho blocks the key just a bit ...on/off is bright and obvious, cable is long enought to easily reach the battery.....have to reach over ...will adjust over time. USB ports are tipped down a bit so water will not come in from above.
One without the cig lighter would be better but that socket handles 12 amps which might be useful for a compressor.

ZjlfobKLfNE2uqfw361qrhM-ddv5IBOQvwaqWUubN9lfU2akrmU-CxPue2fUEzcOtsKyMp6v69JnQ7Lfyda5EKqzPJHynnmdKKqShpA7uKQGEJ-u7d_UINXdv6oxOqImzV-HXftu_3_kOtJssRgamhnBz_MZCZMwXYV-A2m6rHkNJY1dnV35HV9W3JjGYPJq8orYdFAus0OtvKY4dvNuoDSO0nCc5n9ty8sTWwVYHGPkNZAbivXRdsBxQrMd6zMUEpE6y9Gdr0Ty7qkQoJ6ILuJxXj3jyKQlAwS5KPlF-MY-3QWx1omJQk8KYuFQ0un8KFonxadkCRqoPwZVzi0kNeGSfwVs0p5_MMQ42wjgiLs-H0_ZSOc-jQHOYqfmNabsh1S73kpCeXlZvlk58NOo0hyFLTc9lw2v2uhtV5sjvmbxcfEbh0ICjnwOOdtkALmgt_N6DyjIcAdGcdVgM4izq67UIH_E6SXu6UnA0Q85rR56oSAy4I5kj2eDBMXkonRKZeCc0NxpQi8UKzW7A5KBwAsb6ruk2bkVkOF60dww4Au4XrhfbweyVdeE5iMoshy3wEEQo__gZrMnK0wy63ynJ3AwUdzLrid41qNP-WQx=w1278-h960-no

Key is easily accessible - Volt meter is very visible - busy dash but works okay.

Last edited:
Glad it works for you.

Here's mine. I chose to wire into the speedo light rather than direct to the battery; there's enough of a traffic jam there already. As a consequence, the reading is about 1¾ volts low, but that's okay, the numbers are relative.

BTW, it's difficult, if not impossible, to read in bright sunshine. I suspect the same will be true for yours. Who cares, though.

1c29768bae5f6457ab0afd88888611c5.jpg

via Tapatalk

Last edited:
Key is easily accessible - Volt meter is very visible - busy dash but works okay.
Mac your dash is crazy busy, and that thing when mounted looks ginormous.

Is there a radar shelf for your bike to clean that all up?
For example - I have a cig outlet on the right, GoPro in the middle, usb on the left and voltmeter under the usb. With lots of space all around.
GOPR1184-M.jpg

I don't like dash mounted at all. I want stuff accessible. I tilt the screen on the phone and use it for various things that need it in reach.

It's no busier than my Vstrom was and you don't have a cupholder. :D

This was without the USB port I used to use

upo0Pk2Sn_sVFnrmd3DztbD9QrDSirlCFvmqg6J9QSo6zWwX88FYJUtc6N5GKTs58VRxAJ4NWJcuFTyMeAVO8pmRZkq-ySZqAlnKU-haFWfkTH728p3hxt6kI6baDUaH7FLSbh9t4CZS6tRkJwnlrgxLBFFyhhW7MH8BcZweCFAtuv1_JEsnUnRx4fx4sRrGxvEjtQN817Aa1LwON0B9szkMHXJwYe_BVuCilzvCpSweMRYWs6_79WuCMapP7VkmB3aNHwnPgpljuvumUyP7BUor5D8zz2YCeeQYrVQcuAIrIERcBxq7OZQ0y7Wfslm1bAgbGk1qQ5HTUBsvgXL7C67dxlUCjjMPR1vuEACq2pi_WEyI1h24Q5d3t0BeDzjTkvp9sylbXqYeSn5ViXrTv4891eVqPXYVT4fIpzkABksmle2JI3-F8Of8dmNft4oKbcM6T1xbNBViJ77Wgzq0TG-S6IXLDJhedmTEJniF707fhM5LN0D3i2Q7rEPqfC4NmULkc2RWqeC3y4niLdRdB6e_CuddX_KnAaZzP_PZsoLcIsYWsWVK1ScxyhK6i3weVI-YIyohySNmZ0W0TWEMv2M-1_V8nvF3GY_c7JaQ=w1212-h708-no

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom