Biker wave question | GTAMotorcycle.com

Biker wave question

faivious

What's the consensus on the bikers wave culture?

I'm new into riding and whenever I get a chance I'll either give a nod or the hand gestures.

I would say it's a 50/50 on if they return a gesture.

Was wondering if this is not very popular in Toronto? Should I stop?

I wave usually. I don't worry about it if it isn't returned. Some people don't. Some might be squeezing the clutch as they pass by. Some might be looking at something else and not see you. Some Harley guys only wave to other Harley guys. I think it's a good thing.

Spring is here for sure, the wave questions have started!

I wave/nod whether it's a morning commute or a Sunday joy ride. I like checking out what everyone else is riding too and if it puts a grin on my face then I'll give a thumbs up. If I need to be more aware of what's happening around me then, of course, that takes precedence - riders understand.

Always wave if i see you in time and I'm not concerned with what's going on in front of me.

ahh the wave thread is finally here, wont be long before the ATGATT and lane splitting / filtering threads are here, cant wait

to answer OPs question : I only wave to green bikes, but I do make an exception on stat holidays where I wave to everyone, even scooters, ebikes and Harleys

Last edited:
ahh the wave thread is finally here, wont be long before the ATGATT and lane splitting / filtering threads are here, cant wait

to answer OPs question : I only wave to green bikes, but I do make an exception on stat holidays where I wave to everyone, even scooters, ebikes and Harleys

Yeah, but should I use Rotella in my engine?

Just wave and don't worry about it.

I did this once. Pulled me over as he thought I gave him the finger. Explained myself and he let me go on my way... :)

I usually wave as well...even waved a motorcycle cop once and he waved back :D

Spring is here for sure, the wave questions have started!

haha! was thinking the same thing.. :) We should really have a FAQ or sticky ;)

The only ones that have NOT waved back at me are some cruisers.

It's whether a wave or a nod that i do.

More of a gesture than a "wave"; sometimes a couple of fingers off the grip, sometimes just a hearty nod and other times a lazy-pointing gesture to the ground.

I've pretty much given up initiating with on-coming cruisers since it's virtually never reciprocated. If they go first, I return.

I'll only "wave" passing a little kid with his parents if the kid is agog over the bike or waving at me first; I figure it's good public relations to the parents to see some bikers as non-threatening instead of being perceived as perennial *****.

wave to scooters? nah

I always wave with a hand down/out or low peace sign (not sure why, just feels right lol). The only awkward time for waving is taking off from a stop sign/light and you both need to use your clutch hand so you do that "yes I see you, but I'm busy" nod:

giphy.gif

Back
Top Bottom