Sturgis 2018 who wants to go? | GTAMotorcycle.com

Sturgis 2018 who wants to go?

FattBoyy

Hello everybody I did this trip last year with some good people and had a great time I am possibly going back this year and I’m starting this thread to see if anybody is interested

The trip there takes 3 to 4 days at our casual pace we do 600 to 800 km a day..

I stayed last year at the campgrounds right in Sturgis where they have concerts every night and it’s pretty much a big party scene others that I travelled with chose to stay at Rapid City which is just down the road and they stayed at a motel.

You don’t have to stay at the campgrounds you can stay at the motel that’s your choice but we can accompany each other for the trip there and back

I don’t care what bike you ride if you want to come you are more than welcome if you have never been there it’s a sight to see it makes parked over look like kindergarten playground

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What is the date for it this year?

It seems like a good time to go on a trip away from sturgess. Hopefully everywhere else is less busy.

Well yes it’s busy but if you are not into that it’s not for you. However this thread was started to bring together people who ARE Interested not to have derogatory comments from those that don’t want to want to go and to discuss the merits of the trip

Well yes it’s busy but if you are not into that it’s not for you. However this thread was started to bring together people who ARE Interested not to have derogatory comments from those that don’t want to want to go and to discuss the merits of the trip

I'm not bashing your trip. I see the appeal for those that want to attend. Being part of a huge group is an interesting experience that you don't often get to experience.

My point may also be valid as it would be interesting to see if other hotspots like the dragon are less busy during sturgess.

I'm not bashing your trip. I see the appeal for those that want to attend. Being part of a huge group is an interesting experience that you don't often get to experience.

My point may also be valid as it would be interesting to see if other hotspots like the dragon are less busy during sturgess.

Sturgess and Dragon 2 different creatures crowds, don't think they impede or effect each others events, that much, sure you may have a few overlapping but not significant to make a difference.

I do agree wit OP, if your not interested don't trash this thread with derogatory comments, it should only be for those who want to add positive comments and jump on the Sturgess Train...

Good Luck OP, Hope you have a great time this year as well. I haven't been but one day I hope I can swing by.

Last edited:
Nother day ur in Yellowstone....just sayin' :rolleyes: We were wondering how loud pipes and Bison on the road mixed ....we stopped in Sturgess and got a tshirt.

Looking forward to seeing Sturgis this year. I'm booked for the end of June, so no rally but I'm betting on some killer roads.

I’ll know more by the end of May. Could be interested.

I would imagine. I never been to the dragon. Is there lots of Harley riders there? I would have guessed more sports or sports touring

Looking forward to seeing Sturgis this year. I'm booked for the end of June, so no rally but I'm betting on some killer roads.

Yeah the roads on the black hills are insane ! Have you rode through the before ?

Yeah the roads on the black hills are insane ! Have you rode through the before ?

Nope, this'll be my first time. If I'm lucky, I might go again at the end of the summer

Back
Top Bottom