Can motorcycle use bike lanes in Toronto?? | GTAMotorcycle.com

Can motorcycle use bike lanes in Toronto??

however there are certain roads that have municipal HOV lanes - also known as Diamond lanes, where a motorcycle can ride in them during specific times. Check signage to make sure you are good to ride in those lanes.

HELL NO! Dont even think about it!
well unless the entire lane is blocked for some emergency or similar...

Sent from my iPhone using GTAMotorcycle.com

If you have to ask....

I don’t see what’s the big deal though if motorcycles were to use them reasonably.. driving the same speed as the cyclists

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lawsuits

I don’t see what’s the big deal though if motorcycles were to use them reasonably.. driving the same speed as the cyclists

Even ebikes are restricted in their ability to use cycling infrastructure (IIRC on street lanes are ok, separate paths are off limits when under power).

You should get a minor ticket (failure to obey signs or driving off the marked roadway or similar) but if a cop was having a bad day, 172 could easily be invoked (filtering).

Yes, yes you can.

Try it and report back please.

Even ebikes are restricted in their ability to use cycling infrastructure (IIRC on street lanes are ok, separate paths are off limits when under power).

You should get a minor ticket (failure to obey signs or driving off the marked roadway or similar) but if a cop was having a bad day, 172 could easily be invoked (filtering).

No no I know, I just meant motorcyclists could easily use the lanes safely

I'd say the same for cyclists on sidewalks. But the legal system prefers clear, simple lines over more nuanced, pragmatic ones.

Back
Top Bottom