CBC - Motorcyclist lucky to be alive after semi runs red, hits him

Thread: CBC - Motorcyclist lucky to be alive after semi runs red, hits him

Exclamation CBC - Motorcyclist lucky to be alive after semi runs red, hits him

Forum Sponsor
    http://www.verylittlebrain.com/kyle/avatarsm.jpg

04 Honda RC51 - the Nicky Hayden edition

Re: CBC - Motorcyclist lucky to be alive after semi runs red, hits him

Texting/phoning trucker ("professional driver") almost kills biker, is fined $406.

I still strongly suspect this is what killed all those people in Humboldt. Here we have it on video.

When is society going to decide to take the licenses from and punitively fine those who consciously choose to put others' lives at risk like this?
    2011 Yamaha FZS800
    2017 Aprilia Tuono V4 1100 Factory

Quote Originally Posted by Blackfin View Post
    Texting/phoning trucker ("professional driver") almost kills biker, is fined $406.

I still strongly suspect this is what killed all those people in Humboldt. Here we have it on video.

When is society going to decide to take the licenses from and punitively fine those who consciously choose to put others' lives at risk like this?
    When everyone in society stops doing it themselves!

Repost (although yours has a better title)

http://www.gtamotorcycle.com/vbforum...5067-near-miss

WOW....rider is very lucky.

I agree with hammering the trucker but the rider should have checked for traffic. All a green light means is that the bulb is working.

Fortunately this video gives a non fatal view of the problem.

/\/\/\/\/\

This.

Light turns green; look right, left, then proceed when safe. Not trying to blame the victim, but this this one was very easily avoidable

Traffic, we don't need no stinkin' traffic!

It's not just truck drivers. I normally drive weekdays for around a half hour, and I see at least one person run a red light, every single day.
    That's not to mention stop signs. Usually, it's just someone turning right on red, who doesn't see any traffic, but even that can be devastating if they hit a motorcyclist.

I drive as if I'm the second worst driver on the road. That means that I need to keep distractions to a minimum, and I need to quickly correct my many mistakes. Unfortunately, all you other clowns are tied for first, so I have to constantly scan and correct for your mistakes.

The motorcyclist doesn't appear to have been paying attention in this case.

If you're in a big sturdy vehicle with a good safety rating, you might come within twelve feet of the red light runner, just so they have a chance to figure out that they messed up, but not on a bike.

There have always been good truckers and bad truckers. Why do you think they called them trucker bennies.
    In any case, the roads are more crowded now, so that's going to exacerbate the situation.

None of this of course, rids the trucker of the requirement to drive responsibly, and it is the trucker's mistake that caused the crushed bike.

You might get ****** off at having to constantly correct for other's mistakes, but it's better than you or your loved ones waiting for the insurance to come through.
    Ignorance is curable, Apathy not so much, but I don't care, I'll try anyway.

Equally;

Quote Originally Posted by spitRR View Post
    Light turns red; look right, left, then proceed when no one's there.
    The odd times I felt I'd approached the truth, it rested on the premise that people are essentially good and smart.

Traffic, we don't need no stinkin' traffic!

Quote Originally Posted by spitRR View Post
    /\/\/\/\/\

This.

Light turns green; look right, left, then proceed when safe. Not trying to blame the victim, but this this one was very easily avoidable
    There should be a mirror check first, but you can do that slightly before the light turns green; then another mirror check when you’re through the intersection.
    Ignorance is curable, Apathy not so much, but I don't care, I'll try anyway.

And this is why we wear helmets, the guy would have been dead instantly without one in this case.

Quote Originally Posted by Krime View Post
    And this is why we wear helmets, the guy would have been dead instantly without one in this case.
    +1. And a full-face one at that. Had he been wearing a beanie or a cheesy open-face things would have gone much worse for him.
    Last edited by Blackfin; 05-02-2018 at 10:24 PM.
    2011 Yamaha FZS800
    2017 Aprilia Tuono V4 1100 Factory

This is why they teach shoulder checks in rider safety courses. Had this dude done one he would have seen the truck before it ran his *** over!
    Pro #25
    NEWMANRACING.COM
    YOUTUBE.COM/N3WMAN13
    Latest blog post: HERE