near miss | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

near miss

BTW folks, it's a good idea to look both ways even if you have a green, just to make sure the other drivers are slowing down. Just three weeks ago a guy ran right through the red in front of me. He was not even aware of what he did, or how close he came to dying.

Many TTC bus drivers seem to have the wrong interpretation of the law. I am not sure if they were trained to think the law was different than it actually is, or if they are just hammered for being late. Either way, it is a management problem.

Most Toronto bus drivers only use part one of the law
"142.1 (1) Every driver of a vehicle in the lane of traffic adjacent to a bus bay shall yield the right of way to the driver of a bus who has indicated his or her intention, as prescribed, to re-enter that lane from the bus bay. 1994, c. 27, s. 138 (12)."
and completely ignore section 3
"No driver of a bus shall re-enter the lane of traffic adjacent to a bus bay and move into the path of a vehicle or street car if the vehicle or street car is so close that it is impractical for the driver to yield the right of way. 1994, c. 27, s. 138 (12)."

Many bus drivers put the signal on and immediately change lanes expecting other drivers to yield. They forget that this law only requires other drivers to yield when pulling out of a bus, and no place else on the road. And they almost always force their way out from a bus bay. I'm guessing they think its the only way to get people to yield. But from what I've seen, they do that less if they see a motorcycle coming. Essentially its a dangerous law brought forward by political motivations, easily abused by drivers, and needs to be re-examined.

BTW folks, it's a good idea to look both ways even if you have a green, just to make sure the other drivers are slowing down. Just three weeks ago a guy ran right through the red in front of me. He was not even aware of what he did, or how close he came to dying.

Dump truck speeding south on Scarlett Rd. and making a left turn onto Eglinton through a red light. He was empty but didn’t care and wasn’t stopping either. He gave one blast of his horn to warn everyone he wasn’t planning on stopping then made the turn and continued to speed along Eglinton racing to get his next load.

Fortunately, no one moved into the intersection or it would have been devastating.

I wish I had a go pro to record it and report it. Someone is going to get badly hurt or killed by this moron. Truck said _______Singh on the cab and # was 785 or 875.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The company I work for pulls all drivers abstracts twice a year. If you have even a minor speeding ticket in your personal vehicle you're called in and warned.
This is company policy, but they also self-insure more or less.
They also sent us all to a virtual "driving school" last winter and it was mandatory.

Sent from my SM-A500W using Tapatalk

NJ school bus driver was just charged for double fatal crash. Obviously they don't have such high standards.

https://www.nbcphiladelphia.com/new...h-New-Jersey-School-Bus-Driver-483607501.html

The 77-year-old driver behind the wheel of the school bus that crashed last week while trying to make a sudden U-turn in a highway median last week has been charged with causing the deaths of a student and teacher aboard, authorities said on Thursday.

Hudy Muldrow Sr. was charged with two counts of death by auto in the May 17 crash on state Route 80 that left 10-year-old Miranda Vargas and teacher Jennifer Williamson Kennedy dead, according to authorities.

Muldrow Sr. had a total of 14 license suspensions, eight speeding tickets, a careless driving ticket and a ticket for an improper turn in 2010, a spokeswoman for the Motor Vehicle Commission said. The most recent suspension was from Dec. 20 of last year to Jan. 3 of this year for unpaid parking tickets.

Muldrow had a commercial driver's license issued in 2012 and got the school bus endorsement on his commercial driver's license in 2013, the MVC said.

Back
Top Bottom