Front brake issue | GTAMotorcycle.com

Front brake issue

mistersouthpaw

I had a new rotor and brake pad put on at Cyclewerx last season and upon leaving the shop my first press of the brake and the rotor made a loud audible crack. Anyone else experience this? I went back and spoke with Tom who told me that everything is fine and that the rotor may have just “snapped into place” however my front brake is weak as hell now. Could need a new brake hose but can’t stop thinking maybe there is an issue with the rotor.. any thoughts?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The rotor seems fine and I think there may be air in the system or the hose needs replacing. Just curious about the “snapping into place”

05 kawi en500 single disc rotor

The brake rotor on that bike is bolted directly to the wheel (does not 'float') so the noise you heard might have been the caliper piston or the caliper mount moving on its pins.
Have them both inspected and repaired as necessary.

Possible that the little sheet metal clip spring made the crack noise? Poor braking performance could be due to the new pad/rotor (needs to 'bed in')? Maybe grease/lube on the rotors?

This is unusual and the brakes need to be inspected closely - take it back to the shop. Or have a more experienced friend look at it.

Possible that the little sheet metal clip spring made the crack noise? Poor braking performance could be due to the new pad/rotor (needs to 'bed in')? Maybe grease/lube on the rotors?

This is unusual and the brakes need to be inspected closely - take it back to the shop. Or have a more experienced friend look at it.

The new pads and rotors are broken in now I’ll go back to the shop thanks for the replies

Curious is your brake fluid at the correct level in the reservoir?

Curious is your brake fluid at the correct level in the reservoir?

My mistake it is low and there is corrosion on the caliper end banjo going to replace the hose for sure. I’ll have Cyclewerx take a look at the caliper as well

Thanks for the replies

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom