Is it possible to get generic fairing bolts | GTAMotorcycle.com

Is it possible to get generic fairing bolts

FattBoyy

Is it possible to get generic plastic fairing bolts/screw something possibly like an o-ring kit?

Or are all these plastic bolts specific to each bike?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Are you talking about these ones?
$_35.JPG

They are the same for all bikes, but do come in different sizes. Just make sure you order the correct size and you are fine.
PS - I hate these pieces of chit!! LOL! They always pop out/break. Whoever invented these things needs to be punished :lmao:

Are you talking about these ones?
$_35.JPG

They are the same for all bikes, but do come in different sizes. Just make sure you order the correct size and you are fine.
PS - I hate these pieces of chit!! LOL! They always pop out/break. Whoever invented these things needs to be punished :lmao:

Haha yes exactly those. Is there a kit of different sizes ?

Haha yes exactly those. Is there a kit of different sizes ?

iirc you may be able to find those at CT, as they seem similar to auto ones I have purchased. Someone please chime in if I am incorrect.

Sent from my purple G4 using Tapatalk

iirc you may be able to find those at CT, as they seem similar to auto ones I have purchased. Someone please chime in if I am incorrect.

Sent from my purple G4 using Tapatalk
Bingo! I had to buy a bunch to replace on my bike last winter. CT does carry them in the automotive specialty bulk fasteners area.

Sent from my SM-A500W using Tapatalk

I always stick with OEM, they're usually only a couple bucks each. They all match, no worries about matching thread pitch or size, and it keeps the bike looking factory.

I've gone to look at a few used bikes that had mismatched fairing bolts and immediately lost interest. To me it's a sign of a crash, and/or just someone that isn't willing to put a few bucks into maintaining their bike.

I remember one "never crashed" SV650 that had probably four or five different none OEM bolts holding the fairings on, that was a quick pass.

I always stick with OEM, they're usually only a couple bucks each. They all match, no worries about matching thread pitch or size, and it keeps the bike looking factory.

I've gone to look at a few used bikes that had mismatched fairing bolts and immediately lost interest. To me it's a sign of a crash, and/or just someone that isn't willing to put a few bucks into maintaining their bike.

I remember one "never crashed" SV650 that had probably four or five different none OEM bolts holding the fairings on, that was a quick pass.

Good call ! Coincidentally This bike is a crashed cbr600, I knew about the crash... so I am going through it and noticed the some of the bolts are missing :)

Back
Top Bottom