Help me find my new ride | GTAMotorcycle.com

Help me find my new ride

adrisen

Well I had not panned on buying a bike this season, but with this beautiful weather I am getting tempted. When I sold my bike in Nov I had been looking at an 09 April Mana 850. I have yet to check it out but its still for sale, I see new adds popping up for it all the time. I have done some research on it so I am intrigued to actually see it.

I did contact an Aprilla dealer to get more info as well and basically told me it would be considered a high end bike and it has low KM and told its in impeccable shape. It is a private sale.

Whats your thoughts on that model, decent or good vehicle. I don't want to waste my time if its a mess of a machine and a ***** to repair.

Thanks

It's an automatic.

I haven't ridden it but it should be a great bike. It will very likely cost more to own and operate than a generic jap bike.

I would be concerned about a bike being for sale for six months. Either there is something wrong with the bike or the price.

Call George at Corsa Mecchanica if you need the poop on the mana.

It's an automatic.

I haven't ridden it but it should be a great bike. It will very likely cost more to own and operate than a generic jap bike.

I would be concerned about a bike being for sale for six months. Either there is something wrong with the bike or the price.

Call George at Corsa Mecchanica if you need the poop on the mana.

Thank you. I called a dealer who was fantastic. We discussed pricing and what I should expect to pay privately. The seller is pretty on par. He wants $3500. But told to try and get it for $3000. I don’t know how motivated the seller really is. But the price has not changed and he is sitting with it. I was told it would be a hard bike to resell privately but no issues on a trade it. Told it was not a common model in North America but it’s still being sold in Europe.

Sent from my iPhone using GTAMotorcycle.com mobile app

Thanks. I saw George. And he believes the mana is too large. He did have my dream machine. But it’s out of my price range. I may have found one two years older in Quebec that I am contemplating. Of my dream is a Ducati monster and looking for the 696.

Sent from my iPhone using GTAMotorcycle.com

when you say too large, as in total size? weight? seat height?
having a short inseam greatly reduces the possibilities
other than cruisers and small cc stuff, most bikes have gotten quite tall

you had an SV650 prior I think?
and it was a poor fit
what didn't you like about it?

The mana was too large in total, from weight, height, seat height. I am 5'2(ISH) so it was just too tall. I had an SV650S. It was too far forward and too tall.

I am in absolute love with the Ducati 696. I know its not a vehicle in production any longer but it was just a perfect fit for me. There was not a single thing wrong with it. I just have to figure out know how to make it financially work. I may have to put it off for most of the summer but now I know I can have my dream machine.

With good weather here, if I had anything for sale I’d be pricing it on the high end. As usual, end of season or winter would be lower price points.

It may be worth placing a ‘looking for’ ad (on kijiji and here). You might catch a 696 owner who is looking at a new bike and hasn’t put their current bike up for sale yet.

With good weather here, if I had anything for sale I’d be pricing it on the high end. As usual, end of season or winter would be lower price points.

It may be worth placing a ‘looking for’ ad (on kijiji and here). You might catch a 696 owner who is looking at a new bike and hasn’t put their current bike up for sale yet.

Thanks. I found one I Quebec I was thinking of getting.

Thanks. I found one I Quebec I was thinking of getting.

Nothing wrong with buying from Quebec as long as you know what to look for.
Be wary, no way to prove mileage.
Make sure the bike is not branded rebuilt.
Others please chime in with more tips.

Fwiw, there is a petite rider that goes to Woodbridge Burrito Boys that has a lowered Duc. iirc she had it done at accelerated technologies.

Sent from my purple G4 using Tapatalk

did you see this one @adrisen ?

2010, Monster 696 with 1,300 km for $7,200

and seller says this: Selling as I will need to make a down payment by June
that sounds like they are motivated to take offers

https://www.kijiji.ca/v-sport-bikes...on/1349845142?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true

Thanks. I will check it out. I have a lead on a 2014 with 6200 km and lots of upgrades. But it’s 8500$. I had not planned to go that high. But may have to raise my funds.

Nothing wrong with buying from Quebec as long as you know what to look for.
Be wary, no way to prove mileage.
Make sure the bike is not branded rebuilt.
Others please chime in with more tips.

Fwiw, there is a petite rider that goes to Woodbridge Burrito Boys that has a lowered Duc. iirc she had it done at accelerated technologies.

Sent from my purple G4 using Tapatalk

I am Leary of a private sale out of province. My concern is playing and bringing it back. I may end up with a dealer for comfort. But I will be posting here once I know what I am doing.

I love the 696 since it’s the perfect height.

What do you guys feel is a fair price for that bike? I know someone who is interested in it, but doesn't think it's worth 7k.

your friend is right
new they were a 10K bike
but all of them on kijiji are priced in that neighborhood
a Jap bike that age and original MSRP would be around 5K
if the kms and condition could be verified
and someone really wanted one
suppose you could make a case that it's good value
only because it's a Ducati

your friend is right
new they were a 10K bike
but all of them on kijiji are priced in that neighborhood
a Jap bike that age and original MSRP would be < 5K

if the kms and condition could be verified
and someone really wanted one
suppose you could make a case that it's good value
only because it's a Ducati
Yeah he wants to pay 5k for it lol. But I would find that insulting, given all Ducati 696s are listed for 6.5-7k + on Kijiji atm, in the GTA. I think this same bike was listed for 8k 2 weeks ago. The seller has slowly been reducing the price.

Perhaps, my friend should make an offer and see what's the lowest the seller is willing to go.

What do you guys feel is a fair price for that bike? I know someone who is interested in it, but doesn't think it's worth 7k.

Offer what they think it's worth. It is 8 years old and has been sitting for the entire time. Value on that one is tricky for me as it looks nice but may need a lot of maintenance love to get back up to speed.

My problem is when I see the asking prices knowing what it would have been new. I have difficulty with 8-8500$ for a bike that retailed for not much more. Any accessories in my view are not my problem and should not be factored into the price. One puts them on for them not for resale value. As for as I was concerned the bike could be returned to stock. Fancy mirrors, exhaust to be is irrelevant

Sent from my iPhone using GTAMotorcycle.com

Thank you for that link. Yes I am looking for one. I had a lead on one and was told it was well maintained etc. Well I actually have the national sales manager helping me track one down. So I sent him the vin of the vehicle. Turned out the perfect bike listed had major repairs and not serviced. It was all repaired by Ducati so he could varify the bike and I walked away. So I will contact on this one and get the details and have it looked into. Again thanks so much. Monster is my dream machine.

Back
Top Bottom