First Look@ Yamaha Niken | GTAMotorcycle.com

First Look@ Yamaha Niken

Evoex

The God
Site Supporter
Zack Courts in the mix:

[video=youtube;yIwp55YAzjg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yIwp55YAzjg[/video]

I really don't know what to make of it. DNA sounds like a good time..

I see very little positive to the design as a production vehicle. You have doubled the components upfront (bad for maintenance and weight), made it follow three tracks (bad for avoiding obstacles and more likely to get pulled around by uneven roads) and they didn't install the lockout when stopped which could actually be a valuable feature of the three wheeled design.

I am looking forward to a ride vid to see if he can figure out what the upside is (other than your bike looks vastly different than 99.9% of the other bikes on the road).

only possible upside I can see
is that maybe people with certain medical conditions could ride it
like vertigo from inner ear damage....but there are other 3 wheel options for that
agree with the ^ downsides

I’d rather this over something like a Spyder or trike.

There are some folks that like to ride but might have limited physical abilities to keep the bike upright for stops or slow speed maneuvers etc.

Instead of riding a snow machine that you can’t lean or a trike etc. Here is an alternative.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’d rather this over something like a Spyder or trike.

There are some folks that like to ride but might have limited physical abilities to keep the bike upright for stops or slow speed maneuvers etc.

Instead of riding a snow machine that you can’t lean or a trike etc. Here is an alternative.

How is this substantially different than 2 wheels? I thought lean was manually controlled? Does it have some sort of power lean system? Zack specifically points out that this bike doesn't lock itself upright like the MP3.

How is this substantially different than 2 wheels? I thought lean was manually controlled? Does it have some sort of power lean system? Zack specifically points out that this bike doesn't lock itself upright like the MP3.

Well, it doesn’t require a kickstand. Lol.

Maybe not good for people that have no lower motor function? But for the segment of people with knee issues or the like that can still use their legs but, might buckle trying to duckwalk around the parking lot with two wheels.

I stand corrected! Never mind.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Having it self centreing (which should not be too difficult given current adjustable suspension tech) could be a game changer for this thing. That could allow it to be used by people with mobility issues that still want a leaning vehicle and it would occupy a unique place in the market.

Great engine, that is about it.

I find it a bit ridiculous when people say oh this is good for people with "limited physical abilities" etc. Isn't the ability to manhandle(oops sorry, peoplehandle) the machine, sort of a licensing requirement?

Like putting cameras with descriptive audio into a car and saying "sweet, now blind people can drive".

^ Saw that.

It'll be great for those with mobility/health issues

Too heavy for me probably that front end adds a lot of weight

^ Saw that.

It'll be great for those with mobility/health issues

Too heavy for me probably that front end adds a lot of weight

I still don't understand why people think it is any different than a normal motorcycle with respect to mobility issues?

Like most others i fail to see the point. Other than for someone who wants to ride something just different/futuristic looking for the sake of being different and maybe to get some attention. Because as far as mobility challenged people go, there are already other types of 3 wheelers that are very stable and easier to manage/drive.
But i wanna see this thing in action/on track and maybe ill eat my own words lol

Maybe somebody from Yamaha musical instruments ended up in the wrong design office and never knew it?

yamaha+hs8.jpg

Back
Top Bottom