How to prevent helmet hair!? | GTAMotorcycle.com

How to prevent helmet hair!?

dtm252535

Hey guys, I’m a new rider, just got my m2 actually. I’m already noticing my helmet leaving imprints in my hair, giving me an indented Mohawk basically lol...except not funny, or cool. The helmet fits right, I have a buzz cut, which I intend on keeping for the summer. Has anyone found that skull caps, or something similar resolves this issue? Are there any solid solutions? Even if I grew my hair I think I’d still get the lines...

What’s works for you guys!? Thanks!

Unless your work environment is unfriendly to it....wear it with pride. (aka,dilligaff)

Hey guys, I’m a new rider, just got my m2 actually. I’m already noticing my helmet leaving imprints in my hair, giving me an indented Mohawk basically lol...except not funny, or cool. The helmet fits right, I have a buzz cut, which I intend on keeping for the summer. Has anyone found that skull caps, or something similar resolves this issue? Are there any solid solutions? Even if I grew my hair I think I’d still get the lines...

What’s works for you guys!? Thanks!
Shave your head. I clip down to what a barber calls a "2". Works like a charm.

Shave your head. I clip down to what a barber calls a "2". Works like a charm.

Mines about a 3, and it pushes all that short hair down along its padded lines. I know some “wear it with pride”, and I know many who don’t, the don’t’s are the ones I’m hoping chime in here with some solutions!

I have a similar problem. I ride to work. First thing I do is head to the washroom to fix it. I haven't found a solution, except to cut hair extremely short:(

If you ride, you're going to get helmet head. There is no magic solution. It's part of riding.

then be patient
after awhile that will no longer be necessary

lol are you hinting at permanent baldness ? I don't like the sound of that. I've always wondered if wearing helmets could lead to rapid balding. Hmm...

Get a Hairmet:

latest

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R0rGoWtF-hs

lol are you hinting at permanent baldness ? I don't like the sound of that. I've always wondered if wearing helmets could lead to rapid balding. Hmm...

yup....will be home on Thursday
3 weeks on the bike, did not pack a razor
been completely clean shaven, head and face
for so long, don't know what it's like to have hair
beard is around 3/4 inch long, not much happening on the head
crazy

yup....will be home on Thursday
3 weeks on the bike, did not pack a razor
been completely clean shaven, head and face
for so long, don't know what it's like to have hair
beard is around 3/4 inch long, not much happening on the head
crazy
Damnn. Went down to the States, right?

I guess not having to worry about shaving or haircuts can be seen as a plus.

I have a similar problem. I ride to work. First thing I do is head to the washroom to fix it. I haven't found a solution, except to cut hair extremely short:(

^ this

Although the design of the inner helmet makes a difference, if it doesn't have the vent channels then your hair won't get crimped.

Only 3 options. 1) Wear it with pride. 2) Bring a comb and pop into the washroom, wet it down and style to taste. 3) Shave your head. There is the 4th option, which I use when out riding or visiting friends which is pack a hat. It doesn't go over well at work though.

Clippers with a number #1 blade..

I wear a suit and tie at work so have to have reasonably neat hair. I leave a brush at work and wet down my hair and brush it out. I also have a brush in my topcase and can do the same if I have to stop at a client's place.

Funny thing is that my head now has ridges in it that match the vent channels in my helmet.

..Tom

Back
Top Bottom