How to prevent helmet hair!? | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

How to prevent helmet hair!?

I can't have unpresentable hair in the office - just doesn't work for me. I keep a bottle of water, and a comb on me. Wet hands reactivates my product to a point, and just recomb. its not perfect, but its not messy.

Bic it. Problem solved.
BIC-Sensitive-Single-Blade-Shaver.jpg

Used to have a fro. I'd comb on my walk from parking to the office.

Now i cut it a lot shorter and its still a pain. And i refuse to go down to "2" at the barber. So i just get in the office and take care of it there in the bathroom.

EDIT) the bottle of water trick is actually quite simple and smart.

Last edited:
I wet and style my hair in the washroom when I get to work, just part of the routine if I want to ride to work & look professional on the job. I have a good head of hair; shaving it off is not an option!

Some people say using a silk helmet liner helps prevent helmet hair.

I'm bald. No issues.

Sent from my purple G4 using Tapatalk

Some helmets are better than others. I get worse helmet head with my modular than I do with my full face. Both are Sharks, so I have no idea why.

At work, water, paper towel and hand fluff in the washroom works on the little I have left. I usually carry a water bottle, and micro fibre cloth for bugs. Works well enough before going into meetings as well. Weekend rides, who cares.

to prevent my hair from getting all sweaty and weighed down i use Dry shampoo

i use to spray some directly on the top part of my helmet
but Dry shampoo is a huge help

I use Batiste you can get it from Winners, Shoppers and i Think walmart now as well

to prevent my hair from getting all sweaty and weighed down i use Dry shampoo

i use to spray some directly on the top part of my helmet
but Dry shampoo is a huge help

I use Batiste you can get it from Winners, Shoppers and i Think walmart now as well

yeah its extra difficult for ladies to deal with it.
Most members reply with "cut it short" or
"buzz cut #1,2" etc...but ALL are men...LOL
My hair looks retarded and will not yield
after wearing a helmet...
especially my off road lid...

Sent from my iPhone using GTAMotorcycle.com mobile app

I can't have unpresentable hair in the office - just doesn't work for me. I keep a bottle of water, and a comb on me. Wet hands reactivates my product to a point, and just recomb. its not perfect, but its not messy.

Does this mean you're wearing product inside the helmet though?

That's kinda gross to be honest..

As silly as this thread seems, I struggle with the same thing. I prefer to have gel in my hair at work but really don't want to use gel if I'll have my helmet on. Yuk

Hey guys, I’m a new rider, just got my m2 actually. I’m already noticing my helmet leaving imprints in my hair, giving me an indented Mohawk basically lol...except not funny, or cool. The helmet fits right, I have a buzz cut, which I intend on keeping for the summer. Has anyone found that skull caps, or something similar resolves this issue? Are there any solid solutions? Even if I grew my hair I think I’d still get the lines...

What’s works for you guys!? Thanks!

I started one of these discussions up 9 years ago and got flogged for it lol.

Anyway, my solution: bandana cut-to-fit inside the top part of the helmet.
Don't block the front vents for air flow.

It works pretty well - makes your hair a bit flat, but at least you don't come out with annoying ridges in your hair.

Just get old. Helmet hair will be the least of your issues...there's more pressing worries like "am I frozen in this position now?" or "why does my neck make this creaking noise?" or "oh ****, I think I ran out of Advil".

Why do you think I have a bald spot on the top of my head
:| helmets wore it near clear off,
same with the outsides of my calves, no hair left there, I wore it off wearing riding boots.
Occupational hazard, riding gear leads to pattern baldness.

Back
Top Bottom