Slight twisted subframe | GTAMotorcycle.com

Slight twisted subframe

FattBoyy

Hey folks I have a slight anti clockwise twist to the sub frame. Have a look at the photo for reference.

Anyone know how to fix this,

It’s a cbr600rr

Thanks in advance for all replies

1e600f9a932051100c6340787bdcef42.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Here's how we did this in the old days.

1) Strip the tank, seats.
2) Secure he bike straight and plumb on stands.
3) Tie a string between the yoke tube and center of the rim to get a reference on alignment through midline (probably close enough), use a level to get a reference on twist from left to right.

Apply force, get the twist out first, then try aligning along the centerline.

A better option is to buy a good used subframe for $150 on ebay.

Pretty much what madmike said. I would support it so the bike won't move, strip the rear, and use a long wrecking bar to get leverage on it. Bend it back as best you can.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk

I might get the new sub frame but If I am going to do that I might as well try to bend it back. The problem is that it’s an aluminum subframe. I searched online at the car forum and others have fixed theirs, so that’s promising at least

If it cracks, you just take it to a welder who does aluminum. Dirt bike sub frames get bent all the time. It gets covered again by the bodywork, so you won't see the welds, even if they aren't the nicest.
I might get the new sub frame but If I am going to do that I might as well try to bend it back. The problem is that it’s an aluminum subframe. I searched online at the car forum and others have fixed theirs, so that’s promising at least

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk

remove everything from rear strap the biked to a post wall tree whatever wont move, couple friends with propane torches heat the sh*t out of the bent parts and use a ratchet strap to pull it back over. go past where you want it because it will spring back.

remove everything from rear strap the biked to a post wall tree whatever wont move, couple friends with propane torches heat the sh*t out of the bent parts and use a ratchet strap to pull it back over. go past where you want it because it will spring back.

Damn that sounds like war :)

I was thinking of moving it with a 2x4 how did you do it with a ratchet strap ? Also would the heat not burn the straps ?

^ I had the same idea with the 2x4
long lever that won't kink anything

aluminum might not take the heat well
I'd try it cold in small increments and keep measuring

Back
Top Bottom