New Bike Day again | GTAMotorcycle.com

New Bike Day again

Skyway6

Just cant seem to keep a bike for much more than a year. :p

did some hard thinking over the last week. Thinking about how and where i ride. The fact that to get to the out of the way areas takes going thru lots of traffic hell.
I do not ride fast anymore, one due to being an "oldhe Pharte" so i rarely am more than 40 over speed limit. (40 over is impound vehicle for 1 week speed here)
Traffic around here be super suckage over this summer.
They closing a major street for 3 months for construction. They adding a new highway interchange in Langley and adding an extra lane in each direction on highway.
Traffic is bad there on summer weekends without the construction. Once past Abbotsford the speed limit goes to 110kph but due to traffic you lucky to get 80kph
The scooter is just so much more relaxing and takes the edge off of traffic hell.

I did consider just getting a bigger scooter but

I have gone back to the Honda NC750X DCT. The 2018 model will have features that i was disappointed were not on the 2016. Emailed a few dealers on Monday and worked out
some quotes. Decided on the dealer closer to home. Went in on Friday morning and worked out the details and made a deal. I traded the Smax in but will keep the FZ07 until New Bike Day.
Actually made money on the trade. I got more $$ in the trade than what i paid for it. This is due to when i bought it at the Yamaha dealer, they said they bought a bunch of new old stock 2015
Smax from Yamaha. Sold them for a super price. Also will get 9 months insurance refund, i had paid for 1y in February on the Smax. Since i sold it they have to refund the difference.

The dealer i ended up at was the same one i got the 2016 NC from. They had the best pricing. One dealer farther out has higher dealer fees and lowballed me on the trade so their out the door
price was over $1k more. A 3rd dealer who i will probably be taking bike to for service do not like taking trades for some reason.

They say they expect delivery of the NC in May. All 3 dealers i spoke to say Mid - May. I love the new color. pix are from Honda website.

5u6unXjl.jpg
96A1U0Al.jpg

Nice! Congrats on your new ride.

Sent from my SM-A500W using Tapatalk

Is the horn button still upside down with the turn signals or did they fix that?

Nice. I won't be swapping from my sport bike too soon as the insurance would be more for a standard or ADV.

thanks everyone. i both hate and love the wait for the new bike to arrive.

As for the 40 over law. I of course NEVER have gone even close to that. But "friends" are rumoured to go that fast at times and these same "friends" usually cruise at 20 to 30 over.
Another reason i decided to downsize to one bike. About a month ago i got one of those pedal assist (or throttle) mountain bikes. This handles pretty much what i was using the scooter for
which was short trips around town.

Nice bike. It is sold by a local company. "Surface604" and the model is the "Colt". It got good reviews on Electric Bike Review (EBR). You can use just the throttle or as 1 of 5 modes of pedal assist.
I usually use mode 3 which keeps you at a steady 25kph. Also that helps with range, There are 10 bars on the battery level. I rode it for 45km and still had 6 bars left. Reviews said the bike was the best
bang for the buck.

picture of Ebike

nyL5He6h.jpg

Is the horn button still upside down with the turn signals or did they fix that?

My 2017 CRF250Rally is the same way.I think Honda hired an ex BMW designer.
P4290025_zpsoufidb0h.jpg

Does the NC still redline at 6k?

Does the NC still redline at 6k?

it >was< actually at 6600 but the 2018 model has been raised to 7500. That and several other new features on the 2018 is what brought me back.
Finally has the Showa dual bending fork. LED lights (since 2016 all except headlight was LED). Even has 2 mode traction control (plus can turn off).
Also adds "Adaptive Clutch Capability Control" which basically simulates feathering the clutch in slow speed riding.

I remember bouncing that thing off the limiter in every gear. Didn't appeal to me

I remember bouncing that thing off the limiter in every gear. Didn't appeal to me

no argument there. I had a 2014 NC750S standard that drove me nuts for that. The strange thing is no one complains about big bore cruisers having the same rev limit.
But the NC can use ALL the revs from idle to redline. Not so with most other bikes.

To use my FZ07 as an example. The rev limit is 10.5k. But it not really usable below 3500. The NC is usable from idle to red line, pretty much the same 6500 usable rpm.
The NC you can be cruising down the hwy at 120kph at 2000 rpm. This bike is really made for the DCT though. Rev limit is no issue with the DCT.

And (never rode one) but i have heard folks say that some sportsbikes do not come alive until after 8000 rpm. Below that they are sedate and tame.

And (never rode one) but i have heard folks say that some sportsbikes do not come alive until after 8000 rpm. Below that they are sedate and tame.

Seems to be a common theme with SS's, they are tuned for track and not street. My buddies R6 is especially meh, until 8k. Then it tries to rip your arms off all at once.

Seems to be a common theme with SS's, they are tuned for track and not street. My buddies R6 is especially meh, until 8k. Then it tries to rip your arms off all at once.

Honda SS is an exception. It comes alive in the mid-range, unlike Yamaha (top end). Was a motivator for me to pick CBR over the R1. Tried and tested!

Honda SS is an exception. It comes alive in the mid-range, unlike Yamaha (top end). Was a motivator for me to pick CBR over the R1. Tried and tested!
I think you might have that reversed, you start feeling pull at about 40/40 hp/torque. You get there at 3900RPM on an R1, and about 4500 on a CBR. The CBR might feel like it hits harder because it hits later and catches up.

major wootage

got word from dealer yesterday (may04) that my bike has shipped and is due to be delivered today (may05) to dealer warehouse.
If so, they will put bike together next week and i will pick it up on Friday (may11)

well it is almost NBD. Bike currently waiting for me at dealer. Asked Sales Rep to send me some pix of bike still in crate.

wlvfl2jl.jpg

9iB9XWFl.jpg

kfDZ1kRl.jpg

Back
Top Bottom