Best Motorcycle of all time. | GTAMotorcycle.com

Best Motorcycle of all time.

Wingboy

Site Supporter
Best ever made.Just my opinion.
[video=youtube;dPWYI6o5By8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dPWYI6o5By8[/video]

My problem with it is that it's fuglier than fugly, and the seat doesn't look too comfy!

Good call, but my vote goes to the original CB 750.

In general production vehicles are much harder to hit all the right notes compared to race vehicles because their goals are so much less well defined, and because they have so many competing priorities. But the measure of their success is unequivocal: sales. The CB 750 was so good it defined the course of motorcycle design for decades after, but for sure that was never part of its design brief.

They're over $1,000,000 now? Fack. That's a little sad, they are becoming too expensive to ride.

I take my hat off to anyone that could build something like that in their backyard. Think about the 1000's of engineers employed at the likes of Honda, Suzuki, Yamaha, Ducati, getting their arses handed to them. With unlimited budgets and resources and some bloke in New Zealand can build a bike that beats anything they can build. Certainly remarkable. My greatest bike ever has to be the 1955 Moto Guzzi V8. sporting a top speed of 275km/h.

Not exactly true. They have to build to a margin for profit. One off race bikes aren't necessarily under the same restrictions. Britten cost around 150k to build(?)....wonder what the cost to build the first CB750 was? and that cost spread out over the production run?

Oh, wait, you mean race bikes by the big guns vs Britten? Then yeah.

Not exactly true. They have to build to a margin for profit. One off race bikes aren't necessarily under the same restrictions. Britten cost around 150k to build(?)....wonder what the cost to build the first CB750 was? and that cost spread out over the production run?

Oh, wait, you mean race bikes by the big guns vs Britten? Then yeah.

That's kinda my point. What makes a bike sell well? The ingredients that make a successful product in the market are not very well defined, as opposed to the racing world where it's all about tech specs; weight, power, grip, drag.

But I sense this thread was more about celebrating the Britten than opining on the best bike ever, so I'm bowing out.

But I sense this thread was more about celebrating the Britten than opining on the best bike ever, so I'm bowing out.

Not really.Fun to see what others hold up on a pedestal.

Guess it depends on what benchmark is used. Not sure, but the model I'm on now, I've had for about a decade and a half. Had different bikes usually every few years, except for 2....my 2nd one and the current. Is it the best, no. But it works for me...for now.

Back
Top Bottom