Should I change the oil again? | GTAMotorcycle.com

Should I change the oil again?

TommyG.

Hey guys, so I changed the oil back in November when I bought the bike. It was winterized shortly after. I got my bike safetied today ( listened to you guys and had it towed) and I got plates for it too so I went for a ride today. It's honestly not even cold with all the gear on. I'm just not sure about the oil. Thanks for the help guys and have fun riding next week:)

No!

Unnecessary.
No need to change it again.

No.All great advice thanks to summer being here and pms done with.

i wouldnt. Each fall i do an oil change before putting bike away until the next spring. Do not like the idea of old oil sitting over winter and i have fresh oil ready to ride in the spring.

I bought my bike in October 2017 and did the first oil change last week. The engine felt more responsive and the transmission shifts into gear more easily.

I bought my bike in October 2017 and did the first oil change last week. The engine felt more responsive and the transmission shifts into gear more easily.

That’s possible.

My Kawi race bikes always shift smoother with really good oil (300V, Kawi S4R, etc)

That’s possible.

My Kawi race bikes always shift smoother with really good oil (300V, Kawi S4R, etc)

Absolutely, did first oil change on the FZ9 and my R3 with 300V, the shifts were noticeably crisper then stock oil.

It's also a cool green colour! I suppose that makes it easy to glance in the sight glass and see how dirty it's getting too.

It's also a cool green colour! I suppose that makes it easy to glance in the sight glass and see how dirty it's getting too.
Oil gets darker as it gets some mileage on it, it doesn't mean it's getting dirty.

i wouldnt. Each fall i do an oil change before putting bike away until the next spring. Do not like the idea of old oil sitting over winter and i have fresh oil ready to ride in the spring.

This is what I do as well with the bike and car. Granted, if we end up really a really crappy fall sometimes it will sit the winter until I can change it in spring (since I can't change it where they stay parked).

+1 Change the oil before storage and run it in the spring. Might change it a bit sooner depending on mileage put on, but otherwise it's run till the next change interval.

Back
Top Bottom