Watch Out With Sneaky Court Tactics When Fighting Tickets | GTAMotorcycle.com

Watch Out With Sneaky Court Tactics When Fighting Tickets

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pegassus

Site Supporter
In normal conditions mostly ignorant and cowardly people get convicted on tickets. We are talking about 95% of people who attend traffic courts. When I go fight a ticket I go there with guns blazing and ready for a fight, and I will crush the police officer in the cross-examination (cops are not the brightest bulbs in the warehouse) and their constant lying catches up to them because you don't remember a lie 6 months down the road.

But you also have to be careful with the scare tactics and sleazery the courts use to convict the schmucks that go there "to fight" tickets. I put the words "to fight" in quotes because these people don't go there to fight, they go there to look for mercy and to lay down on the floor to get trampled. I almost gagged in disgust last time I saw these people going there to "plead guilty with an explanation". Jesus Christ, you should have just stayed home and not lose your day of work.

One time I walked into court to fight 3 tickets given to me by this OPP cop in the 400 North Highway. I don't remember now the surname of the cop but I knew that he had set aside 2 slots that day to convict all the people he had nailed. One slot was at 9:00am and the other slot was at 11:00am in another courtroom. Mine was at 11:00am. So I went to the other courtroom at 9:00am to see how smart this OPP cop was. A court lady asked outloud who was there for Officer Joe Doe. 7 people raised their hands. She then told them; "We have decided to offer you a deal, reduced fine amounts and lesser charges for a guilty plea". All the 7 sheep got up and ran to her to get their reduced punishment. I noticed that the cop didn't showed up.

2 hours later the cop was not to be seen either in the hallways or in my courtroom. So I knew this guy wasn't showing up at all. When the court started, Kabooom!! Another court clerk got up and said outloud; "Anyone here for Officer Joe Doe? We will give you guys a deal, reduced fines for a guilty plea". I was just smirking and trying not to laugh when I walked to the court clerk and she asked me "You taking the deal?". I told her; "I don't take guilty plea deals when Im innocent, I'm here to fight and confront the police officer". She told me to sit down. The other people she dispatched quickly after they pleaded guilty.

They kept me there until the last person left the room (as punishment?) and then the clerk walked up to me and said; "Mr.Pegassus you are free to go, charges dropped, the officer could not make it to court today".

Last edited:
Hehe, I'm a big fan of your threads...

Most times, especially with parking tickets or other minor offences, the officer won't show.
They can generate more $$$ by being out on the streets rather than being in a courtroom.
As OP suggests, unless the cop has very complete notes, its difficult for them to remember every detail of your particular incident thus its fairly easy to pick apart their case.
Just make sure you've got your ducks in a row and don't be intimidated.

They kept you till the end so as not to let the others wise up. If they let you off at the start, they lose all the revenue from the others that take a plea.

People are terrified of the courts/laws/lawyers/cops

They count on that.

After having spend some time going in and out of courts, I'v lost my fear and any inhibition.(nothing HTA/traffic related), towards the end I was looking for a fight.
Iv also met some lawyers who are incompetent, if they had done their research they would save their clients and the court a lot of time, and money.(either that or they go to trial anyway knowing they got squat, and are counting on people to roll over because of fear "omg I have to go to court" )

People just lay down and roll over, and the entire judicial system walks to the bank.($$$)

Read up on all the relevant laws, have your ducks in a row, grow a pair of balls and be ready to fight.

You got lucky because the cop didn't show up. If the cop had shown up, unless the ticket had an error or there was an error in his notes you probably wouldn't stand a chance "to fight" on your own.

Btw, police officer hiring standards have dramatically changed. New recruits often have bachelor degrees and even masters so they are smarter than ever before.

Last edited:
Peggy, can we get a step by step breakdown on how to go about doing this? I'm not that smart & need a full breakdown!

In normal conditions mostly ignorant and cowardly people get convicted on tickets. We are talking about 95% of people who attend traffic courts. When I go fight a ticket I go there with guns blazing and ready for a fight, and I will crush the police officer in the cross-examination (cops are not the brightest bulbs in the warehouse) and their constant lying catches up to them because you don't remember a lie 6 months down the road.

But you also have to be careful with the scare tactics and sleazery the courts use to convict the schmucks that go there "to fight" tickets. I put the words "to fight" in quotes because these people don't go there to fight, they go there to look for mercy and to lay down on the floor to get trampled. I almost gagged in disgust last time I saw these people going there to "plead guilty with an explanation". Jesus Christ, you should have just stayed home and not lose your day of work.

One time I walked into court to fight 3 tickets given to me by this OPP cop in the 400 North Highway. I don't remember now the surname of the cop but I knew that he had set aside 2 slots that day to convict all the people he had nailed. One slot was at 9:00am and the other slot was at 11:00am in another courtroom. Mine was at 11:00am. So I went to the other courtroom at 9:00am to see how smart this OPP cop was. A court lady asked outloud who was there for Officer Joe Doe. 7 people raised their hands. She then told them; "We have decided to offer you a deal, reduced fine amounts and lesser charges for a guilty plea". All the 7 sheep got up and ran to her to get their reduced punishment. I noticed that the cop didn't showed up.

2 hours later the cop was not to be seen either in the hallways or in my courtroom. So I knew this guy wasn't showing up at all. When the court started, Kabooom!! Another court clerk got up and said outloud; "Anyone here for Officer Joe Doe? We will give you guys a deal, reduced fines for a guilty plea". I was just smirking and trying not to laugh when I walked to the court clerk and she asked me "You taking the deal?". I told her; "I don't take guilty plea deals when Im innocent, I'm here to fight and confront the police officer". She told me to sit down. The other people she dispatched quickly after they pleaded guilty.

They kept me there until the last person left the room (as punishment?) and then the clerk walked up to me and said; "Mr.Pegassus you are free to go, charges dropped, the officer could not make it to court today".

Let me help you with your strategy . Slow Down . Save a day for riding rather then wasting it in court .

You actually did nothing that day . You said not guilty . The cop didn`t show up . What is your point that your smarter then the other people in court ? You didn`t out smart or out wit a cop . He just didn`t show up .That makes you a hero ?

Let me help you with your strategy . Slow Down . Save a day for riding rather then wasting it in court .

You actually did nothing that day . You said not guilty . The cop didn`t show up . What is your point that your smarter then the other people in court ? You didn`t out smart or out wit a cop . He just didn`t show up .That makes you a hero ?

We’re paying their salary, IMHO i like to make them work for it. Most smart people end up in STEM fields and end up working in finance where they roll in the dough, not your run of the mill beat cop.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We’re paying their salary, IMHO i like to make them work for it. Most smart people end up in STEM fields and end up working in finance where they roll in the dough, not your run of the mill beat cop.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

At 97K for top class the cops do ok for salary plus great benefits . Do you make better ?

Drive better, problem solved. Guaranteed you weren't innocent. Nobody with that much traffic offense experience is innocent.

Drive better, problem solved. Guaranteed you weren't innocent. Nobody with that much traffic offense experience is innocent.

My point exactly .

At 97K for top class the cops do ok for salary plus great benefits . Do you make better ?

If money = intelligence Trudeau would be a genius.

I've always said govt/public sector employees should have a salary cap. Most of them wouldn't cut it out in the real world without their cushy jobs, unions etc etc etc.
Waste of tax payer money

If money = intelligence Trudeau would be a genius.

I've always said govt/public sector employees should have a salary cap. Most of them wouldn't cut it out in the real world without their cushy jobs, unions etc etc etc.
Waste of tax payer money

If you don't pay them well they can be bought.

If you don't pay them well they can be bought.

Men without integrity can still be bought, regardless of their salary.

It works both ways, since many, if not most, of the people fighting tickets are guilty.
Men without integrity can still be bought, regardless of their salary.
Are you implying that women cannot be bought?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom