Good Mechanic That Works On Carburators ? | GTAMotorcycle.com

Good Mechanic That Works On Carburators ?

Pegassus

Site Supporter
What shops or mechanics can you recommend that is good at working on carbs? My motorcycle is annoyingly shutting off and has a horrible irregular idling, even when its hot it shuts off at stop lights if I don't manually rev it up a little. I live at Jane/Finch area. And please tell me how much $$$ Im expecting to shell out. Its a 10 year old Kawasaki sport-tourer.

What shops or mechanics can you recommend that is good at working on carbs? My motorcycle is annoyingly shutting off and has a horrible irregular idling, even when its hot it shuts off at stop lights if I don't manually rev it up a little. I live at Jane/Finch area. And please tell me how much $$$ Im expecting to shell out. Its a 10 year old Kawasaki sport-tourer.

pm frekeyguy. has good reviews here if you want to take a look

Hes fairly busy, best to PM him early

Carbs are anto-mechanics 101. I`ve never met a bike mechanic that can`t handle any carb problem you can throw at him.

Hes fairly busy, best to PM him early

My main concern is what if my bike needs a part? Will he be able to take care of that himself or do I have to lose a day of work trying to get that and bringing it to him? I would prefer a bike shop that I just leave my bike there and they will take care of ordering parts to their garage. Any bike shop recommendations around the GTA or even better, around Woodbridge/Vaughan?

Okay I'm sold then. But he still hasn't answered my PM in 3 days.

Perhaps that is good for the wrong reasons.
Being busy is a good sign. Lots of happy customers. Including return customers.
Fiaz will get back to you.

Okay I'm sold then. But he still hasn't answered my PM in 3 days.
He may not have seen your PM here. I found he responds within hours if you send him a message on his facebook page - motomechto

Seriously, you'll be glad you took your bike to him. He goes out of his way to make sure you're satisfied.

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

He might be busy but Im not taking my bikes to anyone else

He may not have seen your PM here. I found he responds within hours if you send him a message on his facebook page - motomechto

Seriously, you'll be glad you took your bike to him. He goes out of his way to make sure you're satisfied.

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

Okay he contacted me now. I can't wait to get my bike ready for the coming summer, its going to be a hot, dry Spring the Enviro Canada says.

Okay he contacted me now. I can't wait to get my bike ready for the coming summer, its going to be a hot, dry Spring the Enviro Canada says.
You're not going to DIY & post a writeup?

95% of all carb work can be done with a pillow, a hammer, a flat and cross screwdriver while drinking a six pack of Labatt Blue and preparing for your next traffic court case.

Hard both carbs from my sisters and brother in laws boat rebuilt at Carburetor Rebuilders Inc in Oshawa (they used to be in Toronto, but it's home-based now) and I am super pleased with the results - this boat had issues with both engines loading up, stuttering under acelleration, and stalling (often during the most inopportune times such as tight space docking) and after the rebuild both engines are purring like kittens.

Wasn't super cheap, but good work isn't cheap, and cheap work isn't good.

http://www.carbrebuilders.com

Hey man I have had this issue on my old bikes, three things..
1) air mixture
2) idle screw
3) clean jets

Have you ever done any of that ? Been a while but msg me and I will help out if I can

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Too bad Rocket Cycle closed down, he was right by you.

Try Auto Guyz on Finch between Keele and Dufferin. They have a bike mechanic there and the owners ride.
I only had a tire change done there. But they are set up to work on bikes and it's close to you.

Back
Top Bottom