Treaded TrackTires | GTAMotorcycle.com

Treaded TrackTires

hxman

Hello,

Does anyone have any suggestions on a set of treaded track tires for a 600?

F - 120/70 ZR 17
R - 160/60 ZR 17

Thanks

Dunlop GPA Pros are nice.
I currently run them.

Are you using warmers?

I have run both Michelin Pilot Road 3s and now Pilot Power RS.

The RS is amazing.

The PR3 was better than any Rain tire I have ever had.

Before asking which tire to use, its better to understand why.

It really comes down to pace, which dictates whether or not you should be using a race compound or a street compound and thus warmers or not. Race tires must use warmers. A few race compounds may claim you don't, but you really do. Treaded tires, aka DOT tires, come in both race and street compounds. The race compounds less so now a days since most of the racing series have gone to slick tires so the main distributors are carrying less of them.

A racing tire is only useful if you have an elevated pace, otherwise the tire cools and you are better off with a street tire. A hot street tire is more usable than a luke-warm-ish race slick or DOT race compound tire.

Pirelli makes supercorsas in 2 forms, the SP and SC models. The former being a street compound, the latter being a race compound. GPAs are race compound. Q3's are not. Q3's are the best bang for the buck IMO, Q3+'s a bit less so. Pirelli's, both SC and SP are pricey tires, but do work well.

If you are not sure, stick to a street compound. All of the higher end street tires/race tires from the major manufacturers are good, its just a matter of preference and price.

Back
Top Bottom