Why aren't Ninja HR2 street legal in Ontario? | GTAMotorcycle.com

Why aren't Ninja HR2 street legal in Ontario?

micelli.i

Does anyone know why the Ninja H2R is not street legal in Ontario? The H2 is, but not H2R. Are they afraid people will kill themselves, on it, because it has a top speed of 400 km/h?

Excessive noise and not having proper lighting system for a street bike as far as i know.
I believe it also doesnt meet emission regulations but not a 100%

The H2R was never designed to be street legal ANYwhere. It's not just Ontario.

It does not have a headlight.
It does not have a functional muffler (it does not meet ANYone's noise level standards for road use).
It does not have a catalyst (necessary for emissions compliance in this day and age). And the cam timing and engine tuning is such that even if the H2's catalyst- and muffler-equipped exhaust system were to be installed, it would burn the catalyst out in no time.
It does not have a license plate bracket or rear fender.
It does not have mirrors.
It does not have turn signals.
It does not have reflectors.
It's shipped with slicks.
It doesn't comply with the "gentleman's agreement" on top speed restrictions in Europe. It will exceed 300 km/h and the speedometer will show it, too.
And most importantly, due to all of the above, it is not supplied with the declaration of conformity to applicable motor vehicle safety standards that is necessary for the vehicle registration authorities to license it for road use.

It does not have a functional muffler (it does not meet ANYone's noise level standards for road use).
It does not have a catalyst (necessary for emissions compliance in this day and age). And the cam timing and engine tuning is such that even if the H2's catalyst- and muffler-equipped exhaust system were to be installed, it would burn the catalyst out in no time.
It doesn't comply with the "gentleman's agreement" on top speed restrictions in Europe. It will exceed 300 km/h and the speedometer will show it, too.
And most importantly, due to all of the above, it is not supplied with the declaration of conformity to applicable motor vehicle safety standards that is necessary for the vehicle registration authorities to license it for road use.

Wow.

I have never wanted a bike more than after reading what you just wrote...

It's known how to make the street one faster than the (stock) R ... You are your own warranty if you do it, though ...

kawasaki-ninja-h2r-3d-model-max-obj-3ds-fbx-c4d-lwo-lw-lws.jpg

The H2R was never designed to be street legal ANYwhere. It's not just Ontario.

Nothing $1,500 dollars can't fix. You can put light kits with turning lights on it and mirrors, about the emissions, bikes are exempted so its a moot point.

Nothing $1,500 dollars can't fix. You can put light kits with turning lights on it and mirrors, about the emissions, bikes are exempted so its a moot point.
Not in Canada you can't. The bike is registered with the govt as "race only", since 2007 nothing will change that bike to street legal status.

Sent from my SM-A500W using Tapatalk

Nope. For exactly the same reason you can't turn a green-plated dirtbike into a blue-plated streetbike just by slapping mirrors and lights and a license plate holder on it.

Nope. For exactly the same reason you can't turn a green-plated dirtbike into a blue-plated streetbike just by slapping mirrors and lights and a license plate holder on it.

I could have sworn that I have seen 100% dirtbikes on the streets with tiny aftermarket headlights and turn signals.

I could have sworn that I have seen 100% dirtbikes on the streets with tiny aftermarket headlights and turn signals.

The law changed.

Before 2007 you could do what you described, but that year they changed the registration requirements so that you now need a letter from the manufacturer stating that the motorcycle was manufactured to be street-legal in your country (passed all safety and emissions test).

What you're seeing are pre-2007 bikes on the road with the jury-rigged lights.

A few people have managed to illegally circumvent the paperwork. Make no mistake, it's still illegal.

I know some people on here have the H2....Iv always had a thought expirment, if an H2 could outrun police helicopters

wow...the H2SX sport touring is only 21 grand! There is a god afterall...

Probably have to get facility insurance...but think of all the money you save never having to buy an airplane ticket ever again

Last edited:
The Ninja H2™R motorcycle is a closed-course riding use only model and is not manufactured for use on public roads, streets or highways.

Taken off the kawasaki website

I know some people on here have the H2....Iv always had a thought expirment, if an H2 could outrun police helicopters

Easily given a clear road. Jetranger max speed is 222 km/h, never exceed speed is 241 km/h. Make sure you run into the wind and don't make corners that the pilot can cut short and many bikes could escape the helicopter.

wow...the H2SX sport touring is only 21 grand! There is a god afterall...

Probably have to get facility insurance...but think of all the money you save never having to buy an airplane ticket ever again

Why did you have to mention that, i feel like i should short list it now. ~sigh

Why did you have to mention that, i feel like i should short list it now. ~sigh

Meh if your ok going the route of insane insurance payments, Id get a liter bike over the H2 any day.
It will still be faster than anything on the road, and about 100 lbs lighter.

Engine dictates acceleration

Weight dictates handling, acceleration, and braking.

Back
Top Bottom