Expensive ride in St. Wiiliams

Thread: Expensive ride in St. Wiiliams

BLUE_KAWI: "The real powers at be have already decided who will win. PC are going to win. Itís already been decided. Why do you think Tim Hudak looks so comfortable on camera?"

Re: Expensive ride in St. Wiiliams

Wow, some notable fines.

Yup seen it happen at Ganaraska to five guys from a OPP officer and a park official on a 4wheelers.No plate,no insurance,no spark arrestors,and speeding.
    2001 Yamaha Road Star
    1974 TS 185
    1978 RM 125
    1989 CR250
    2002 WR 250f
    2002 KxKdx220 Hybrid
    2010 KTM 300XCw
    2014 KTM 250sxf

Looks good on them.....ride legal....some of the money from your trail permit goes to maintaining trails for all of us to enjoy...insurance...well if u dont have it your nuts...

What's notable about this story is that they were riding in a conservation reserve. So each rider was fined $2,750. One might assume they had valid offroad license plates / registrations and insurance - as it didn't mention any fines for those items.

...each fined $2,500 under the Endangered Species Act for unlawfully damaging or destroying habitat and $250 for illegally operating a motor vehicle within a conservation reserve contrary to the Provincial Parks and Conservation Reserves Act

I stand corrected

I wonder what they ended up paying? Most likely plead to a lesser offence.

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk

It is legal to ride there on the double track, but anywhere else is a no no. (As commented on Facebook by an OFTR member).

There is some single track that shoots off from the double track areas that come out to roads and such. It's all kind of in that grid area. I believe that is okay to ride in. The areas not to ride in are well signed.

Quote Originally Posted by canuckwr250 View Post
    Yup seen it happen at Ganaraska to five guys from a OPP officer and a park official on a 4wheelers.No plate,no insurance,no spark arrestors,and speeding.
    This is a different kind of fine ... never heard of that being applied. That's why I thought it was interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikel View Post
    There is some single track that shoots off from the double track areas that come out to roads and such. It's all kind of in that grid area. I believe that is okay to ride in. The areas not to ride in are well signed.

Don't quote me on this, but my understanding is that there is NO legal single track in that tract. They're may have been in the past, or someone unauthorized created it.

After reading the article, I personally wouldn't take the chance either way.