Expensive ride in St. Wiiliams | GTAMotorcycle.com

Expensive ride in St. Wiiliams

Yup seen it happen at Ganaraska to five guys from a OPP officer and a park official on a 4wheelers.No plate,no insurance,no spark arrestors,and speeding.

Looks good on them.....ride legal....some of the money from your trail permit goes to maintaining trails for all of us to enjoy...insurance...well if u dont have it your nuts...

What's notable about this story is that they were riding in a conservation reserve. So each rider was fined $2,750. One might assume they had valid offroad license plates / registrations and insurance - as it didn't mention any fines for those items.
[FONT=&quot]

...each fined $2,500 under the Endangered Species Act for unlawfully damaging or destroying habitat and $250 for illegally operating a motor vehicle within a conservation reserve contrary to the Provincial Parks and Conservation Reserves Act

[/FONT]

I wonder what they ended up paying? Most likely plead to a lesser offence.

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk

It is legal to ride there on the double track, but anywhere else is a no no. (As commented on Facebook by an OFTR member).

There is some single track that shoots off from the double track areas that come out to roads and such. It's all kind of in that grid area. I believe that is okay to ride in. The areas not to ride in are well signed.

Yup seen it happen at Ganaraska to five guys from a OPP officer and a park official on a 4wheelers.No plate,no insurance,no spark arrestors,and speeding.

This is a different kind of fine ... never heard of that being applied. That's why I thought it was interesting.

There is some single track that shoots off from the double track areas that come out to roads and such. It's all kind of in that grid area. I believe that is okay to ride in. The areas not to ride in are well signed.

Don't quote me on this, but my understanding is that there is NO legal single track in that tract. They're may have been in the past, or someone unauthorized created it.

After reading the article, I personally wouldn't take the chance either way.

Back
Top Bottom