2008 gsxr 600 Neutral light issue | GTAMotorcycle.com

2008 gsxr 600 Neutral light issue

I know gsxrs have their issues, but in relation to starting the bike; Have you double checked that you're in nuetral?

I probably posted this before & I'll post it again. The sprocket at the front kick out alot of grease & coats the neutral sensor. I believe this sensor is magnetic & when it becomes coated it will not work.

However, this doesn't mean you can't find neutral. Just close your eyes & feel for neutral. You'll find it.

I probably posted this before & I'll post it again. The sprocket at the front kick out alot of grease & coats the neutral sensor. I believe this sensor is magnetic & when it becomes coated it will not work.

However, this doesn't mean you can't find neutral. Just close your eyes & feel for neutral. You'll find it.

the sensor is not magnetic
it doesnt' get coated on this gen

The single wire that plugs on under the front sprocket cover, the connector gets loose over time and then dirty. Simple clean and squeeze on the connector wire normally fixes this issue.

the sensor is not magnetic
it doesnt' get coated on this gen

Are you sure? The 08 750 I had had the same issue. If I cleaned the sprocket area it'd magically fix itself.

Wait, what was the issue?
can you not find neutral?

I can’t find neutral in my 2010 GSXR sometimes. No green N light and the indicator is blank. Is that your issue too?

Wait, what was the issue?
can you not find neutral?

I can’t find neutral in my 2010 GSXR sometimes. No green N light and the indicator is blank. Is that your issue too?

Do you mean there is no green neutral light? Or you literally can not find neutral

Yes exact same problem. My N light will not light up at all. Doesnt show 0 when in nuetral just blank. But I've read that others also have issues with the gear display jumping around the #'s like if your cruising and it will bounce around 2 or 3rd gear or 4th and back to 3rd all while not shiting at all. (The guage gear display, not the actual transmission)

Wouldn't there be a way to wrap it in some kind of film or protection? So it doesnt dirty up the actual sensor and just whatever is wrapped around the connector and sensor?

Wouldn't there be a way to wrap it in some kind of film or protection? So it doesnt dirty up the actual sensor and just whatever is wrapped around the connector and sensor?

The bike is 10 years old.
If all you have to do is pull the sprocket cover and clean the sensor connection every decade or so that seems like a small price to pay ?

Back
Top Bottom