Good deed | GTAMotorcycle.com

Good deed

FLSTC

My first ride of the year. Thought that I'd let this Corolla in ahead of me. Build up some good karma.

I was gonna ask the same thing. Did you at least get a wave? Pisses me off way more than it should when I go out of my way to let someone in front of me, and not even get a wave.
Pisses you off? Gotta ask yourself if you're doing the deed for the expected gratitude or the actual kindness.
But regardless, a little gratitude is nice.

Sent from my LG-H873 using Tapatalk

I was gonna ask the same thing. Did you at least get a wave? Pisses me off way more than it should when I go out of my way to let someone in front of me, and not even get a wave.
This actually peeves me off too. Maybe I like fishing for compliments.

She might have gave a quick tap on the horn...

But for a ‘lil ol lady driving a Corolla - she wasn’t trying to use that diamond lane to skip traffic like the prius and ram behind her (you can see them drive straight thru the right-only across into the diamond-bus-only lane...).

Rather she signalled, stopped to quickly let out a passenger, then moved back and angled into the gap behind me (I was watching in my mirror). When I let her in, she moved off quickly when traffic started, without dawdling.

Not your typical beige corolla driver...

I'm with you. I often let people in and i've noticed that as the years go by, less and less people wave.
You dont do it for the thanks but it's good to see people being mutually respectful and courteous!
I personally do a double wave when someone lets me in. It encourages good driving habbits! At the same time, when people try to cut me off or force their way in front of me like an *****$*()#, i make sure they dont get it! Can'r stand entitled pricks!

It's not about expecting gratitude. It's more about common manners....which seem to be uncommon these days.

And then on the way home yesterday - the little kid standing on the left there gave me a big wave (which I returned). Karma? Payback for me letting the Corolla in-ahead in the morning? Another kid going to grow up wanting a motorbike?

O4ZuEyw.jpg

Let one of those water-filled trucks in front of me at the on-ramp. I'm still gonna pass him in 15 seconds so why no make his life easier. Truckers have to deal with s%!t from other drivers all the time so when i can, i give them a break.

Let one of those water-filled trucks in front of me at the on-ramp. I'm still gonna pass him in 15 seconds so why no make his life easier. Truckers have to deal with s%!t from other drivers all the time so when i can, i give them a break.

You don't need to be in first place the whole race, give others a bit of hope before winning by a mile!

Don't forget to wave as you pass - it's just polite to thank others for the race.

Pisses you off? Gotta ask yourself if you're doing the deed for the expected gratitude or the actual kindness.
But regardless, a little gratitude is nice.

Sent from my LG-H873 using Tapatalk

Doing it out of actual kindness for sure. Just nice to get the acknowledgment that 'hey, cheers for not being a dick like all these other people who wouldn't let me in'. lol

Harder to come by someone that will give a wave. I wonder how many of those road rage videos could have been totally averted by a simple wave of the hand. Amazing how a simple wave can totally diffuse the situation.

Last edited:
And then on the way home yesterday - the little kid standing on the left there gave me a big wave (which I returned). Karma? Payback for me letting the Corolla in-ahead in the morning? Another kid going to grow up wanting a motorbike?

O4ZuEyw.jpg
But the big question is, will there be a 2018 observations while riding thread?

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

I personally do a double wave when someone lets me in. It encourages good driving habbits! At the same time, when people try to cut me off or force their way in front of me like an *****$*()#, i make sure they dont get it! Can'r stand entitled pricks!

100% with you on this!

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

The bus drivers always give you a flash of their amber lights as a 'thank-you'

[video=youtube_share;dIYStCK_8mI]https://youtu.be/dIYStCK_8mI[/video]

Stock exhausts? And what gauntlets are those?

Sent from the Moon!

But the big question is, will there be a 2018 observations while riding thread?

No longer riding downtown everyday. Not sure if I can get as good content in North York as Queen St... Need someone else to pick up this torch.

You don't need to be in first place the whole race, give others a bit of hope before winning by a mile!

Don't forget to wave as you pass - it's just polite to thank others for the race.
Lol yeah considering the number of speeds they have to shift and the hill he had to go up, it was gonna take a while before he get up to speed lol

Back
Top Bottom