Reliable Cloud storage | GTAMotorcycle.com

Reliable Cloud storage

bigpoppa

Used dropbox before, it wouldnt really sync right, tried google drive...that was a let down, I would try to upload updated files and directories...it would claim the files have been uploaded and updated...but they werent

Im looking into amazon drive, any ideas? Anything out there that I might be missing?

I primarily use dropbox with a daily mirror to onedrive as a backup. I've never had a problem with dropbox (unless I screw it up like editing the same document on multiple devices at the same time so it saves them as separate files).

One drive is slightly more troublesome (IIRC having # in a file name breaks it).

I've never tried using google drive as a sync location (mainly a transfer location to bring files home from work).

Used DropBox in a corporate environment and it was pretty much flawless. Guessing about 30-40Gb a day data transfer between 16 employees. Super nice thing about it is the versioning - overwrite a file by accident? Retrieve the prior version and away you go.

I'm guessing your sync settings weren't quite right - you can go in and adjust the bandwidth allowable in order to speed things up....
Make sure you don't close your laptop screen (if applicable) during a sync, as that will force it to pause.

Dropbox is pretty much works, not sure how you say it didn't sync.
If you are a Amazon Prime user I believe they include storage for free.
Box is a Dropbox clone, never used it though.

Back
Top Bottom