Is it too soon to get a SS (600cc) bike? | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Is it too soon to get a SS (600cc) bike?

Noted, will avoid. It really is a pay to play kind of market to get into any kind of SS or even higher CC bikes.

Yes but you`re not looking at it from the right perspective. Risk is primarily associated with experience/age then compounded by location.

Noted, will avoid. It really is a pay to play kind of market to get into any kind of SS or even higher CC bikes.
I can assure you, a 650cc naked bike will stimulate all your senses. The low end is absolutely thrilling. I would suggest to give it a shot if any of your friends have one. Cheap to insure and easy to ride.

Mistaken identities

Havent paid less than 2k since i had the cbr500
How did you like the CBR500? Was it reasonable for 200km per day commuting? Occasional touring??

How did you like the CBR500? Was it reasonable for 200km per day commuting? Occasional touring??

Oh yeah, comfy, great gas mileage, reliable and enough torque to haul my 6'2 frame around

Kind of regret selling it, was so cheap to run, wasn't as sporty as it looked, but the ideal 'standard bike' imo, bigger feel/size than a 300
My fz goes through the same amount of gas in half the time

Last edited:
Torque is of more use on the public roads than outright top speed capability.

Definitely agree with this.

OP, you really should look into the 650cc twins... in the real world they're just as quick as a 600cc SS. There is a difference, but it's really only noticeable when you're deep in "lose your license" territory. Honestly for 99% of my riding, I can't say the SS does anything more than my SV ever did.

Thanks for your quick reply. I have a second home in Toronto. Perhaps, I should insure it with that as the primary address?

Sounds like insurance fraud. You can't pick and choose your primary residence based on your convenience and potential cost savings. If not caught up front before issuing the policy it will very definitely be picked up if you have an accident. Insurance companies are very attuned to people doing this and your policy will be cancelled for misrepresentation and you stand a good chance being pushed into using facility insurance for all of your vehicles, not just your bike. Aside from no coverage in an accident this could cost you tens of thousands of dollars in increased insurance premiums on all of your vehicles over time.

Back
Top Bottom