Best type of bike for long distance commuting/touring? | Page 6 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Best type of bike for long distance commuting/touring?

A little bit of catching up. I finally decided to go with cb500x. How amazing the bike is! With 2500km and a trip from Toronto to Ottawa, I am confident to say that I love this bike! I want to say thank you to all who replied to this thread, you guys rock!
Nice! Welcome to the family ;)

Enjoy the bike. I know mine has been good to me past 3-4 seasons

Good for you ....still considering a CB500x over my CBF if nothing else then for fuel range. Maybe next year. Enjoy.

Do they make a Madstat bracket for that ...if they do ...worth considering ...made a huge difference on the Vstrom.

A little bit of catching up. I finally decided to go with cb500x. How amazing the bike is! With 2500km and a trip from Toronto to Ottawa, I am confident to say that I love this bike! I want to say thank you to all who replied to this thread, you guys rock!
Congrats! I have had mine since 2013 and still loving it.

Nice OP ...good choice.

JF

Madstad ...excellent ...one thing I miss on the CBF is the Madstat I had on the Wee.
That's tipping me toward a deal on the CBF to a CB500x when I get back in October.
That and there are third party seats too.

How is the 500x acceleration coming on to a fast moving slab??

That is one thing I love on the CBF ...that huge torque to slide into any spot I want. I don't expect that on the 500x but hoping the acceleration in the lower gears is decent.

Back
Top Bottom